Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sept. 16 - Pan's Labyrinth

Finally watched this movie tonight. I've been wanting to see it for a long time but have always skipped it for one reason or another, often because it's subtitled. But I Netflixed it and finally...after sitting here for a week...watched it tonight.

I loved it.

The subtitles didn't bother me afterall. It's a more visual movie anyway, and the spoken parts were quick and easy enough that you don't lose anything in those precious moments.

There were some very graphic parts that I wish they would have done without, or at least toned down, but it's not a gorefest.

Once you get to the end and think back about the story leading up to it, it's so sad! I mean, you lose yourself in the magic and find it so believable. Then you get to the end and see what the captain sees, and you rethink it all and go 'Hey, wait...was it just...?'

That little girl was awesome.

Love this movie. Highly recommend it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Watching "The Passion," after awhile you don't even realize you're reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's what happened with this one! It was kinda weird afterwards.

    ReplyDelete