Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Nov. 26 - Twilight again

I saw Twilight again tonight. I was solo this time. Well, hubby went along to the theater but he decided to see the new James Bond movie instead. My sister saw it again last night (in Illinois) and said there were only about ten people there. I don't get that...just where is she seeing it?? Cuz even when I saw it tonight, that theater was easily over half full. Unfortunately tonight's crowd was louder, more annoying.

The silver car was still on display. I actually stopped earlier today and took this pic. It's easy to see now that it doesn't look much like Edward's car but still close enough to giggle and say 'Kewl!'


But anyway...I think I loved it. I know, I know, 'You *think* you loved it?' Well, I was able to appreciate it for what it was more this time, didn't worry about the changes. I was able to lose myself in it. I was more able to follow Edward's emotions. But I need to be able to cry freely and I tend to detach and hold back when I watch in the theater. When I get this on DVD and am able to just sit and cry at parts, then I'll know whether I really love it or not.

There were more little things I noticed this second time around. Like in biology class, the position of the owl on the shelf behind Edward makes it look like he (Edward) has angel wings. LOL! I watched the Cullens in the background more, noticing their reactions more to things going on. Emmett is hottt, dammit. He (Kellan) could have played Edward and I'd probably have been alright with it. And I can see now how some people think the venom sucking scene was comical...Edward was almost orgasmic, moaning and clutching her arm. Ha!

And then there are the parts I just love....the bit with Edward playing the piano being the first one that comes to mind. I think it's because he just looks so relaxed. I tried to find a pic or a clip online but couldn't find what I was looking for. The pics in the movie companion book are not the same. The big kiss scene was awesome again. When Bella starts getting more aggressive, the look on Edward's face is so...I don't know...pained? And two bits I love in the slaughtered meadow scene are when he backs her up against the rock and has his arms on each side of her, and when he's in the tree and she comes up closer to him...as she comes up he moves back to keep the space between them. So cool. Loved the dorky classmates again too.

Ooooh, and really loved the part where Edwards saves Bella from the dorks in Port Angeles. And lovelovelove his voice when he's talking to Bella in the hallway of the hospital early on, when he says "Mmm, and what do you think you saw?" (Or whatever the actual quote is.)

I don't know if I'll see it again in the theater. I'm not ruling it out. When it was done tonight, I thought I'd satisfied my need and could wait until the DVD comes out, but now I don't know. I'm already wishing I could see it again.

My name is Deb, and I am a Twilight dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment