Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sept. 30 - More movies

Since Halloween is coming up I've been keeping an eye on the cheap scary movies that stores always have this time of year.  I bought two today....Children of the Corn, and.....


Interview with the Vampire (1994)
Director Neil Jordan's Oscar-nominated tale of bloodsucking immortals moves from 18th century New Orleans to a Grand Guignol theater in Paris to present-day San Francisco as it explores betrayal, love, loneliness and hunger. The lives of a trio of vampires -- cavalier Lestat (Tom Cruise), tormented Louis (Brad Pitt) and childlike Claudia (Kirsten Dunst) -- are interconnected for centuries in this adaptation of Anne Rice's romantic horror tale.


Am I the only person in the world who is not gaga over this movie?  I had seen bits of it back in the day but it never caught my attention enough to ever sit down and watch the whole thing.  I'm not a Tom Cruise fan, not a Brad Pitt fan, not an Antonio Banderas fan, and not a Kirsten Dunst fan.  And I know now that it's not the vampire aspect that makes me love Twilight so much.  The only reason I finally decided to watch this is because a co-worker has been insisting and I thought maybe in my old age I'd have a different opinion of it.  Nope, it still didn't do anything for me.  I was bored in parts, and didn't even pay attention to whatever Brad Pitt's problem was.  His hair was lovely alot of the time, but overall.....not all that great for me.



The Grudge 3 (2009)
Fearful of meeting a gruesome death, young Jake (Matthew Knight) tries to convince his psychiatrist (Shawnee Smith) that an evil curse led to the slaughter of his entire family. Meanwhile, a young woman from Japan (Emi Ikehata) arrives in Chicago and attempts to stop the curse for good. This third installment of the popular Grudge horror movie series also stars Marina Sirtis, Beau Mirchoff and Johanna E. Braddy


If I'm the only person who did not like Inteview With the Vampire, I'm probably the only person who DID like The Grudge.  I don't remember Grudge 2 very much, but I Netflixed Grudge 3 and watched it tonight.  Like most sequels, it was rather dumb and rather unnecessary.  It started out with some promise but ended weak and with huge holes in the plot....of course.  One thing I liked about the first one was that it was creepy without much actual gore.  They've stepped it up in this one.  That was disappointing.  I don't know if I'll buy this one.  Actually, don't think I ever bought the second one either.  Heh.



X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
This action-packed prequel to the popular X-Men films explores Marvel Comics character Wolverine's (Hugh Jackman) past and the events that influenced the mutant before the Weapon X program bonded his skeleton with the powerfully strong metal alloy adamantium. After the death of his girlfriend, Wolverine seeks vengeance against supervillain Victor Creed (Liev Schreiber). Ryan Reynolds, Danny Huston and Lynn Collins co-star. 


Bought this one last week.  I admit I'm not a huge X-Men fan, haven't even seen the other movies even though I keep meaning to.  This one caught my attention because it has Ryan Reynolds (*swoon*) and Dom Monaghan (Charlie from Lost).  It was funny to see that it also had the dude who played Keamy on Lost.  And it was even funnier to see that they made him into a big fat blob of a man, cuz he's usually all buff commando type mean guy.  As for the movie, it was ok.  Oh!  The best part of it was Remy/Gambit.  Move over, Ryan....that guy gets major *SWOON*age!  Anyway, the movie was ok but it didn't really suck me in.


I have one more movie from Netflix sitting here that I'll hopefully watch tomorrow.  I'm also feeling the urge to watch Twilight again.  It's been far too long since I've seen it!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this movie, but I just want to comment that I really like Liev Schrieber (as an actor). The End.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, when I left the last comment, I thought the Wolverine review was its own entry. Now I see Interview ... and Grudge 3 were part of it ...

    You're not the only person who liked The Grudge, because I know Mandy liked it. I haven't seen it.

    LOL about your indifference to Interview With the Vampire. Only because I'm also someone who really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Shawnee Smith? Ha!

    Tammy Lauren was on an episode of Two & a Half Men once and I was like, Wow, that's a blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liev...there is something about him. I can't decide if I like him or not. You saw Defiance, right? I liked him in that. Have you seen him on CSI?

    I think I've seen Tammy Lauren on Two & a Half Men. Have you seen the episodes with Denise Richards? I always laugh about that. And I don't like her. Oh, and have you seen the one where Martin Sheen played Rose's father? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I didn't know he was on CSI. I don't think I've ever watched a whole episode of any of the CSIs (or the Law & Orders for that matter). I did see Defiance and liked him in that.

    I saw the Denise Richards episodes years ago but don't really remember them. That was when they were still married, right? And yeah, I've seen the one with Martin Sheen. That was actually on again the other night here. Ha :D

    ReplyDelete