Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nov. 12

I ordered my first essential oils earlier this week and they arrived today.  Wow, I could smell one of them as soon as I opened the back door (UPS sets packages just inside the door) and I can still smell it now even with it sitting on the counter in the kitchen.  I ordered peppermint, sweet orange, lemongrass, and rosemary....and it's the peppermint that is making itself known.  Definitely has me thinking about Christmas, hehe.

I've never used EOs before.  If I'm understanding things from the soap forum right, they are stronger than the fragrance oils.  I believe EOs are also natural, which I like.  Why did I select the four that I did?  Because as I browsed my ever growing list of popular varieties that I want to try making, these four seemed to keep popping up in various combinations.  So I guess I should be getting alot of use out of these.  And I don't work this weekend so guess what I'm doing!

I took a bunch of soaps to work today to hand out to people.  I took one of each of the first seven batches and gave one set to ExcitedGirl, and another set to a girl who was willing and interested but hasn't been directly involved in this madness until now.  I think she'll give constructive feedback, so yeah, she got a full set.  TagalongGirl asked for some, which surprised me.  She ended up taking two.  One other girl who had been there when ExcitedGirl and I were looking at my book and talking about soap a few weeks ago...she had told me not long ago that she wanted to try some.  She took a few, three or four different ones maybe.  She was very excited, offering me money already.  I told her no no no, I'm still learning, still practicing.  She was not to be swayed though and demanded to know what materials I use because she will help buy some as thanks.  I told her no no no, don't worry about it right now!  I told her I just wanted her feedback for now.  She agreed, said "I'll try these, then I'll order more."  LOL!

And then as I was getting ready to leave work this evening another girl noticed the bag I was carrying and I showed her the soaps.  She ended up taking the five samples that were left and was all gracious like she'd just gotten the deal of the century.  A few minutes later I saw her showing all her carpools ladies, passing the soaps around for them to see and sniff, and all were ooohing and aaahing.  A couple other people also seemed interested when they saw other people getting soaps.  I left work smiling like a fool, and still had the smile when I got home.  Maybe these people will be less impressed once they actually use the soaps but for now, the reaction was soooo not anything I'd expected.  I'm taking more tomorrow!

It's funny too because I'd been thinking I'd take the bulk of these soaps to our family gathering on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas and hope to get rid of them there.  Now it looks like I won't have any left after tomorrow!  How awesome is that?  And where I'd been thinking "ah, I can get rid of these at work" because I hadn't intended to make the non-goat milk ones anymore....maybe people will prefer them and I'll have to make more afterall?!  The whole thing is crazy on so many levels.  And these aren't even my 'good' soaps yet!

(The few people who have contacted me about what soaps they want don't have to worry.  I have yours set aside and don't consider those as part of the give-away bulk.)


Mirrors (2008)
This creepy supernatural thriller from director Alexandre Aja stars Kiefer Sutherland as troubled security guard Ben Carson, a man who discovers malevolent spirits living within the mirrors of a fire-ravaged department store. When their murderous nature comes to light, Ben turns to his estranged wife (Paula Patton) to help him save their family -- and himself. The supporting cast includes Amy Smart and Jason Flemyng.


This movie sucked.  I found it to be very slow, and kinda confusing.  It was also frustrating to have so much time spent in the dark.  Endless scenes in a building with no electricity, getting glimpses of things that the character shined his flashlight on.....yeah, boring.  What are we supposed to get out of things we can't see?  The very end was a bit of a "whoa...dude" moment but otherwise....BLEAH.

Ok, gotta go see what soaps I have left!

1 comment: