Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mar. 20 - An Order, and Some Movies

Got my highly anticipated order from the previously mentioned Verbena Custom Blends today!  What I'd ordered was a 5.6oz jar of Cinnamon Sugared Caramel Vanilla Pear whipped yogurt body cream.  How absolutely delicious does that sound?!  Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and also found three good sized samples of other scents!  The samples are Lilac, Vanilla Pear, and Pomegranate Cream.  Sadly, my originally ordered one is extremely weak on scent, almost to the point where I can't smell anything.  It's not as light and fluffy as my Bella's Birthday product but it is VERY nice....at least on my initial use.  It's creamy, absorbs quickly, and leaves no greasy residue.  Shipping time was excellent too.  So far I give this product and shop a thumbs up, only wish there was a bit more scent.

Also got a mini order of tarts the other day.  This time it was two of the new Butterscotch scent, and two of one of the Fresh Baked Bread scent.  She also threw in a free Orange Spice tart because we'd been discussing it recently.  There are a few other scents newly listed that I'm dying to try, lots of foodie things like Fudge Brownie, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and a honey one.  Looks like I'll be ordering AGAIN.

It's a sickness.  Don't look at me that way.

The Hangover (2009)
When three friends (Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis and Bradley Cooper) finally come to after a raucous night of bachelor-party revelry, they find a baby in the closet and a tiger in the bathroom. But they can't seem to locate their best friend, Doug (Justin Bartha) -- who's supposed to be tying the knot. Launching a frantic search for Doug, the trio perseveres through a nasty hangover to try to make it to the church on time in this Golden Globe winner for Best Comedy.

We watched this today, finally.  I didn't think it was anywhere near as great or hilarious as almost everyone else on earth seems to think but it did have its moments.  I loved the whole part where they were in the police station.  LOL!  Hubby and Ty found it way more entertaining than I did.  Must be a guy thing.


The Fourth Kind (2009)
When Alaskan psychiatrist Dr. Abigail Tyler (Milla Jovovich) begins videotaping her therapy sessions with clients, she uncovers petrifying evidence that they have experienced the fourth level of alien encounter: abduction. But as she finds more clues, she suspects that the government will do anything to conceal the truth. Olatunde Osunsanmi directs and Will Patton co-stars in this jarring thriller allegedly based on a true tale.

Also watched this one today.  I think it popped up in a Netflix recommendation or something because I'd never heard of it otherwise.  It was kinda Blair Witch-y in that it all *seems* to be real but in the back of your mind you know it's not.

The movie was....creepy.  There was one part that caught me totally off guard and I nearly jumped thru the ceiling.  That was pretty funny cuz I'm not normally a jumper during movies.  There was no Hollywood gore or anything like that, but there were some quick shots in the distorted 'videotaped sessions' that really creep you out because it's the kind of thing where it passes by so fast that you aren't sure what you saw.  It's one of those lingering creepy uneasy feeling movies.

New Moon was released on DVD today.  I bought mine at Target and not only got a *three* disc deluxe edition but it includes a collectible film cell.  Cool!  Mine is a boring one....Sam kissing Emily.  (Is that her name??)

I haven't watched it yet because we watched those other movies.  Maybe tomorrow.  Funny, when Twilight came out I watched it like three times in the first day.  LOL

2 comments:

  1. HA! I was remembering a shot from commercials from THIS movie (The Fourth Kind) when we were talking about Paranormal Activity! Milla Jovovich is who I was trying to remember on the phone! Wow. Anyway ...... lol

    We didn't think The Hangover was as funny as everyone else on earth seems to think it is either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone at work today also had the two movies confused. That's funny, and interesting.

    I'd never seen or heard of The Fourth Kind until it came up in the Netflix recommendations. I wonder what I would have thought if I'd seen commercials.

    ReplyDelete