Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dec. 1 - In A Dark Place (movie)

In A Dark Place (2006)
Burned out from teaching in a tough inner-city school, Anna Veigh (Leelee Sobieski) moves to a remote countryside estate to take a job looking after two children. What starts off as the perfect change of pace slowly turns into Anna's worst nightmare. She begins having visions of menacing ghosts, and to protect the children from these dark forces, Anna must look deep within herself and face her biggest fears.

We started watching this last night and I said to hubby "This is shaping up to be a modern Turn Of The Screw."  And sure enough, it was!  But this one was just as confusing and unclear at the end as the original...lol

This wasn't a fabulous movie.  It was ok if you're bored and have nothing else around, but could have been so much better.  And there was a totally unnecessary lesbian sex scene.  Well there was a lot of totally unnecessary near boobage....like the main girl wearing super tight, low cut shirts all the time, wearing bathrobes hanging half open, etc.  Really?  Put more effort into the STORY and maybe it would have been better.  Even so, it was not a horrible movie.
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

December already.  Wow.  I missed all of November as far as posting.  I have not given up this blog...yet.  As always, I've *wanted* to post millions of times about millions of things but for one reason or another I just never get here to do it.  Many times I think about just giving up because who wants to read my boring life anyway?  But then I look back through old stuff and I quite enjoy reliving the moments.  So I guess I'll try to keep going.

Things have been crazy with soap stuff for months now.  It's been to the point where I've considered quitting my job to go 110% into the soap.  Then again, there are times when I get so overwhelmed I just want to quit soap.  Wouldn't it suck to have quit my job only to find the soap business is not what I really want to do?

My work schedule doesn't help matters either.  I've been on this 12hr schedule for two full years now.  You'd think a person would be adjusted by now.  Not really, because I still find that on my work days I don't do anything else....work, come home and grab a bite to eat, quick check of email/Etsy, and head to bed.  This means that my days off are filled with all the things I don't get done on those working days.  Catching up email, messages, orders, housework, bills, errands.....and then cram some soap making or related soap stuff into that.  Now pile the holidays on top of all that.

Bleah.

But the point of this pity party is...... *tries to remember* .......that I hope to get back to blogging.

(Heard that before, I know, I know.)

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I like that actress so if it's not a total loss I just may rent this. Watch lots of movies with this snow here in WI!

    Taylor
    www.maryjanesandgaloshes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leelee Sobieski? I've liked her in things I've seen her in but I don't recall if she's always flaunting her boobs in everything...? It was just so unnecessary in this one.

    Nah, it's not a total loss. Go for it!

    And thanks for visiting. :)
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete