Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jan. 22, 2010 - Bath & Body Works outlet haul #1

I discovered that we have a Bath & Body Works outlet store near here.  How awesome is that?  The YouTube guru said there aren't alot of outlet stores and you're lucky if you have one near you.  Woot!  So I have a regular store in Fond du Lac and an outlet store in Oshkosh.  If I want the newer type things or have awesome coupons I can go to the regular store, and if I want the older things with everyday awesome deals I can go to the outlet, and they are about equal distance from where I live.  Hehee!

One problem I have with B&BW is that the stores are overwhelming and frustrating.  There are so many discounts and deals that it's hard to figure out....or keep track of.....what you need to buy to get those good deals.  Buy 3, Get 2 Free of this type, 3 for $10 of that type, 50% off these, 75% off those.  Gah!  Oh, and don't forget the coupons.  Free this or that with the purchase of that or this, $10 off if you spend $30, 20% off your total purchase.  Arg!  It's like a you need to take a course to shop there, otherwise you are paying dearly.

Luckily (?) the outlet store does not accept coupons because of the already discounted prices.  That's one less worry when I go there.  LOL!  Hubby and I went to the outlet for the first time a couple weekends ago.  I was expecting some minimalist, bare shop, something like a Sav-A-lot store.  I was pleasantly surprised and even found that I like the outlet more than the regular store.  It's a lot bigger for one.  Anyway, our first visit was just to scope it more than anything.  But, of course, I had to buy a few things.  I kept seeing things that my YouTube guru had discussed in her videos and I'd be all "Oooh this is the one she says is good/gone/hard to find/etc." and had to have them.

(The candles from my previous haul are in this picture.  Ignore them.)

Hubby picked this Cranberry Woods candle.  Described as 'A mysterious blend of cranberry, rich black currant, and raspberry layered with notes of cinnamon bark, cedarwood and warm amber,' all I really smell is cranberry when I do manage to get a whiff of it.  As mentioned in the other post, it seems we have to put the candle someplace out of the way in order to smell it.

These are two items (the scent anyway) I got as a direct result of videos I'd seen from my guru on YouTube.  The Twisted Peppermint hand soap is 'an invigorating blend of cool, refreshing mint, white sugar, and a hint of vanilla.'  The menfolk in my house are not fond of mint so I'll probably have to use this up myself but that's ok because it's a really nice soap in a really nice scent.  The Winter Candy Apple body lotion is a 'mouthwatering blend of crisp apple, candied orange and rich cinnamon spice.'  It sounds divine but I've found it's too, I don't know, cheap perfume-y.  The lotion itself if nice but this scent will take some getting used to.

When I saw Warm Vanilla Sugar I was so happy.  I've made soap in this scent several times and it's one of my favorites!  It never registered in my jumbled brain that I would now be able to get the real thing.  Doh!  I saw these little travel size bottles for $.99 and couldn't resist.

Hubby was sucked in too and picked a small bottle of Twilight Woods (for men) shower gel.  This surprised me a bit because he's not a shower gel guy, and he's not into Twilight...lol....but we both like this scent and I'm glad he picked something for himself.  It's described as 'an unforgettable, masculine blend of cedar, white pepper and musk.  Key fragrance notes: Dark Woods, Vetiver and Spice.'

No, I didn't really need any of these things but what the heck.  It's stuff that we'll use, stuff that will be gone soon and not something to clutter the house for years to come, and it's my fun new obsession.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the addict club, we're glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ooohhhhh what an addiction it is! I don't even have room for the crapload of things I have already and I still want more. I'll need to shower and slather 3x a day to go through all this stuff!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete