Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jan. 22, 2010 - Bath & Body Works

Towards the end of 2010 I got really frustrated and disappointed with handcrafted soaps.  Part of it was because I'd gotten so dry and itchy as the cold weather set in.  Part of it was that I was no longer enjoying *making* soap either.  I had tried Lush before the holiday and was disappointed.  And then Christmas came and Santa got me some products from Bath & Body Works.  Yay!

I'm going through a major B&BW phase right now.  Before this I think I'd only been in that store maybe once in my life, and at that time I'd scoffed at it all because I felt it was highly overpriced.  I used to just grab a cheap bottle of body wash and a blah lotion from Walmart and be done with it.  It got me clean and it softened what needed softening....job done, move on.  Since falling into the curiously fascinating world of homemade bath and body products though, I'm more willing to explore those pricier products in wonderful scents.

So I'm going to post my Bath & Body Works hauls, and natter a bit about them.  :)

Christmas Haul
I actually bought this for myself while Christmas shopping.  I was good though and tucked it away until Santa put it in my stocking, even though I was so anxious to burn it.  It is the smaller size (4oz) candle in Vanilla Caramel scent.  YUM!  And here we are nearly a month after Christmas and I still have not burned this.  (We've been burning other candles first.)


Santa also brought me this three piece set in Secret Wonderland scent.  The set contains small, 3oz bottles of shower gel, body lotion, and body spray.  The scent is described as 'Our exclusive Secret Wonderland is a whimsical blend of luscious strawberry, frosted jasmine petals and white amber inspired by a world you never dreamed existed.  Key Fragrance Notes: Luscious Strawberry, Gardenia Petals, Jasmine, White Amber.'  I have not used these yet but I do like the scent and I love how that labeling looks.


Santa brought me another three piece set, this one in Twilight Woods scent.  I suspect 'Santa' picked it because it has Twilight in the name...hehe.  The scent is described as 'Indulge your senses with our exclusive Twilight Woods, a hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods.  Key fragrance notes: Juicy Berry, Soft Mimosa, Apricot Nectar, Warm Woods.'  This is what I've been using the last several days and I quite like it.  It's a bit more 'perfumey' than I'd usually go for but not enough to turn me away.  I've seen people review it as having a strong grape smell.  Grape?  I don't get that at all.

That's my Christmas Haul of Bath & Body Works stuff.  Small and sweet.  Stay tuned for more hauls, once my addiction started and I wandered back to the store......

1 comment:

  1. I AM OBSESSED WITH BATH AND BODY WORKS!!!! I'm so happy that I found your blog and found someone else who loves buying stuff from there as much as I do! My friend just got me the vanilla caramel candle a few days ago and I love it! I love that there is a touch of pumpkin spice as well! I just got my friend to buy the Secret Wonderland body spray for me so I am super excited to try it! I love reading your hauls and reviews!

    ReplyDelete