Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jan. 22, 2011 - Bath & Body Works regular haul #1

Earlier this week I was having a very boring, crabby, non-productive day.  What takes care of all those problems?  Shopping!  I had to go to town for a few necessities anyway but my crabbiness gave me a 'Why not!?' attitude and I headed over to.....how'd you guess?......Bath & Body Works.

I had a couple coupons and I had a kinda sorta somewhat solid plan for what I wanted but things didn't work out so well.

I had wanted to get more Warm Vanilla Sugar shower gel because my little travel size bottles would not last as long as my lotion and body butter.  Found the regular size bottle and grabbed one.  Somewhere along the line though I grabbed another travel size of this scent and it wasn't until I got home that I realized 'Duh!  I don't need more of THAT scent!'  (My guru says to just take it back and exchange it.  I hate doing that kind of stuff though, so I'll probably just use it.)

I found the body spray hubby had wanted, and grabbed that.  Then I found more of the small size shower gels in his scent in the 75% off bin, so I grabbed a couple more of those.

I saw lovely Twilight Woods scented body butter in cute little travel size tubs and noticed a sign telling me I could three travel size items for $10 so I looked around for other scents in the small size....
...and found Dark Kiss, 'a seductive blend of dark berries with a kiss of vanilla to unleash your most primal passions.  Key fragrance notes: sensual incense, Mirabelle plum, and night musk.'  Now, I had ordered a fragrance oil dupe of this scent to make soap with but had not made it yet when I saw one of my guru's videos talking about how much she liked this scent.  When I saw this little bottle I gave it a sniff and figured I'd give it a try.  Turns out hubby absolutely loves this scent.  When he sniffed it that day as I was showing him what I'd bought his reaction was "MMM, I *like* that one," and he had to give it another good sniff.  When we were in the store today (post coming up) he happened to pick this scent up and had the same reaction.  And when we were back home later today and I was sorting through things to take blog pics, he happened to sniff that one again and was almost in a sort of man heaven, "Aah, I. Like. That. Scent!"  Makes me giggle, thinking if I'm all showered and lotioned and spritzed up with this he won't be able to stay away.  Heheee!


And somewhere in there I might have screwed up on the 3 for $10 items.  When I used my coupons, I should have gotten a travel size item free but the checkout girl used it on one of the 3 for $10 items which then cancelled out that deal.  In the end I paid over $10 for two of the items and got one free, when really I should have had the 3 for $10 PLUS one more free travel size item.  Like I told you, this store is frustrating.  At least my $10 off a $30 purchase coupon worked.

6 comments:

  1. The packaging is all different. I haven't stepped inside a Bath and Body Works since I worked there during the holidays back in 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, and I used to avoid it like the plague because I thought it was an overpriced ripoff. Now you can't keep me away. LOL

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This haul is great. Warm Vanilla Sugar is such a classic scent, you will definitely use it up - even if you don't return it! I love being "your guru" =) You did good, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wouldn't have had a clue about most of the little tips if not for your videos. Thanks, guru!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think so! I wonder if I should get the candle just so he can keep smelling it...LOL

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete