Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jan. 22, 2011 - Bath & Body Works regular haul #2

Today I came across a coupon for a free preview size lotion, no purchase necessary, and since hubby and I needed to go to town anyway we swung over to Bath & Body Works and kinda went hog wild.  I'd also found a 20% off your entire purchase coupon, which is why we bought way more than intended.

The free preview is the upcoming Carried Away scent, ' lush raspberries, white jasmine and whipped vanilla.'  It's an ok scent, but probably not something I'd buy again.  Not sure if it's the jasmine or what but something sort of morphs the raspberry smell into something else, almost plum or something.


Grabbed a couple more small Lemon Vanillas from the 75% bin.  I don't want to get too involved with this scent because I know it's going to be harder and harder to find.  I do know that the outlet store had tons of products in this scent last time I was there.  If I really wanted to I could go back there and stock up.


Grabbed a regular size body butter in Secret Wonderland scent just to help round out my stash of that scent.  Also grabbed this as a way to get the Buy 3 Get 2 Free deal.


Coconut Vanilla is one that I've paused to look at every time I've been to either the regular or the outlet store.  I always pass on them but not today, not with the Buy 3 Get 2 Free deal and my 20% off coupon.  It's described as 'A tropical twist of coconut milk and cool vanilla that's the perfect summer escape.  Key Fragrance Notes: Creamy Coconut, Pineapple Sorbet, Exotic Vanilla,'  and it smells like a soft coconut with just a hint of other fruit.  The vanilla is there in the end.  I really like it but hubby was not so thrilled.  Guess I'll have to use this on days I work....lol.....when he won't have to smell me much.


Hubby wanted in on the action too and picked out several things for himself.  After sniffing all of the mens sprays he went with Noir because that's the one I liked best.  He also got a small Noir shower gel from the 75% off bin.  He found Ocean and Citron gels in that bin too, but no Oak.
Noir - a bold, exotic blend of black cardamom and white musk. Key fragrance notes: Sage, Coriander, Cardamom, White Vanilla, Vetiver and Amber Musk.
Oceana refreshing blend of cypress, vetiver and yuzu.  Key fragrance notes: Bergamot, Cypress, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Cedarwood and Vetiver.
Citron - a citrus blend of white woods & lemon zest.  Key fragrance notes: Crisp Bergamot, Sage, Lemon Zest, Brisk Woods, Tonka Bean and Sandalwood.

 And of course, had to get more Dark Kiss.  I got a small lotion, spray, and shower gel to get the 3 for $10 deal.  When hubby was drooling over the scent later we decided it smells like some kind of fruity candy.  Wish I could have gotten a body butter in this scent.  I think this will replace Twilight Woods in my shower for a while.


All my coupons worked out this time.  I got the deals I was going for.  And I got a survey thingie on my receipt so I can get another $10 off coupon.  And I really should stop shopping there now.....LOL


But I won't.  Not yet anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - you did so good! I love the body butters, let me know how you like the Secret Wonderland. I haven't tried that one yet! And kudos on the Dark Kiss, you know I love that one :)

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Dark Kiss today but I think I'm going to set it aside again until I get some body butter.

    Maybe I'll move Secret Wonderland into the shower instead. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, lots of stuff! Sounds like you got nice deals.

    Ooh, coconut. These days I snap-to as soon as I see/hear coconut the same way you do with lemon. Maybe I'll have to try that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was disappointed with the Secret Wonderland (scent is sooo weak) so that might get booted out of the shower and I'll probably try the Coconut Vanilla next.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete