Friday, August 26, 2011

Aug. 26 - Bath & Body Works Haul


Fall is right around the corner.  It can't get here fast enough, in my opinion.  It's the best time of the year!  Watching soap makers videos on YouTube, debuting their fall and Halloween products . . . seeing stores starting to bring out the glorious fall items . . . and then watching Ellie taunt me with Bath & Body Works new fall products . . . it's a bad time for the shopaholic in me. 

Two nights ago we had a bat in our house.  YUCKY!!  Hubby didn't know about it before he left for work so I had to spend a day knowing that creepy little monster was somewhere in the house, just waiting for darkenss to fall again.  I was not about to go looking for it without hubby here and found a wee bit of peace in knowing the little bugger would probably stay  hidden all day if it wasn't disturbed.  Even so, I didn't feel like staying in the house.  LOL 

Where could I go?  What could I do to pass some time?  Go shopping!  Ooh, go to the mall because you don't get there much!  OOOH, go to Bath & Body Works and check out the new fall things!!!  And that's what I did.
(I wasn't just sniffing those candles, Ellie!)
Yeah, I wanted pretty much everything when I got to the Halloween stuff.  They have tons of festively fun things, whether it be spider tops on the hand soap pumps, or cool decorative covers that slip over the hand soap bottles (so you can dress up your non-Halloween soaps), or glow in the dark bits on labels.  Spooky soap dispensers, fun packaging, tons of fall scents.  Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to go there.

After finding some self control, I picked one hand soap.  I got the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin scent in the deep cleansing formula.  I would have loved to get more, some other scent, but I still have a bottle of the cinnamon scent from earlier this year and that can be considered fall-ish so I just got this one bottle.  It's described as 'spicy pumpkin puree with sweet butter and vanilla cream.'  I didn't really smell this too much in the store because I'd already smelled the candle version of this scent and loved it, but sniffing this soap now as I write this . . .I'm disappointed.  It doesn't really smell like the candle version at all.  It's waaaaay sweeter, with almost a tangy note to it.  I would never guess pumpkin if the label wasn't telling me that's what it was.  Everyone says B&BW has no hassle exchanges, so I might just have to do that.

The little baby 'preview' size candles are the real reason I went.  They are sale right now, 3 for $5.00, and I wanted almost all of them.  That bit of self control came in handy here too.  There are several pumpkin scents in the Fall line, and this is the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin.  Unlike the hand soap, this one smells fabulous!  It's a warm scent, spicy but with that pumpkin yumminess.  It's everything you think of in a cozy fall scent.

Described as 'creamy caramel and gingered pumpkin blended perfectly with vanilla, golden amber and soothing warm cream,'  I can't quite decide if I like this more than the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin.  This one is sweeter, creamier, and I think has more caramel than pumpkin . . . which would explain why I'm crazy about it.

Described as 'a frothy blend of creamy pumpkin, sweet vanilla cream and rich pralines is topped with a spiced caramel swirl,' you do get the caramel again but maybe a bit more of the pumpkin and cream in this one.  Another great scent but it doesn't strike me as particularly fall-ish.

Described as 'golden apple, brown sugar and creamy caramel are blended with Anjou pear, nutmeg and vanilla cream,' it kind of changes each time you smell it.  You're not overwhelmed by apple, which is good but sometimes it seems there isn't enough.  Smell it again and, oh ok, yeah, there's the apple.  Sometimes when I smell it I think it's too sweet but not distinctly caramel, but sniff it again and oh, nope, that's not too sweet at all.  The caramel element is definitely NOT as strong as in the other candles I mentioned already, which is kind of funny cuz you'd think this one would want to be big on caramel.  In the end, it's a yummy sweet creamy scent with hints of apple in the background.

I don't think this is new.  I seem to remember my B&BW guru talking about this one in older videos.  No clue why it was in the display with all the pumpkin-y stuff, but then again, they are coming out with a bakery line or something like that so maybe the pumpkin things were part of that.  Hehe, what do I know?  Anyway, considering I went there hell bent on fall stuff, this is probably my favorite of the candles I got.  LOL  Described as 'semi-sweet chocolate, dark cocoa and sweet peppermint enhanced with a touch of vanilla cream and white chocolate,'  this is so freakin' good!!  You can absolutely smell the sweet mint and the creamy chocolate.  It smells like Cedar Crest Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream tastes.  Yeah, it's THAT good.  Of course, hubby and the boys don't like mint so I have to burn this when they are gone or in bed.  Oh well, small price to pay for such yumminess!

All of those candles are the little baby size, only 1.6oz.  I won't burn them as candles though.  Instead, I'll take them out of their little containers and melt them as tarts.  The scent is much stronger that way.

And finally, I got a 3oz bottle of lotion in Wicked Spiced Pumpkin scent.  It's a spooky black bottle with a sparkly orange label, super cute for Halloween.  Described as 'blend of white pumpkin, fresh ginger and whipped vanilla musk,' I *LOVE* this scent!  You do get the pumpkin, but you get the musk in there too, enough to make it more of a body product scent and not a candle scent.  It's spicy but slightly sweet and, I don't know, this was the only one in their fun little Halloween lotions that really spoke to me.

And then of course, the overly perky but not too pushy B&BW girl talked about the new line coming September 7, said there are four new scents coming or something like that.  She put the little flier thingie in my bag and said I should be sure to come back then because there were so many promotions and fun things planned.  Ok, PerkyCheckOutGirl!  I'm all about the foodie scents!  

OH!  Almost forgot!  I had noticed there was a scent called Spiced Cranberry or Cranberry Spice or something (not Cranberry Woods) in large candle form but when I asked PerkyCheckOutGirl she said they didn't have it in the small candles and she wasn't sure why that was.  She said the Leaves scent was probably the closest one to that cranberry one, but I decided not to get it, even though I did like that scent too.  (She might have said the Autumn scent was the closest, but I'm pretty sure she said Leaves.)

Oh yeah, the sale was 3 for $5.00 and maybe you noticed I only have five candles here.  My mom had picked out a small aromatherapy candle in Eucalyptus Spearmint scent and took it home with her before I could get a picture.  It looks like this . . . 

6 comments:

  1. Love the layout!

    Those of course all sound yummy, and the lotion sounds particularly yummy.

    Cool that yo mama went and got something.

    Your menfolk are some weird species for not liking mint, not even the smell. ??. But they have a right to be wrong.
    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you got some great things. I have also noticed that the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin soap smells different. Exchange it, girl! The Mint Chocolate is to die for, and you got a ton of other great ones! Did they have S'mores, Cinnamon Sugar Donut, etc? Have fun with your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserved a trip to B&BW after the trauma of knowing there's a bat in the house. We've had two in the time we've lived here. Not fun! Our church gets bats because we're near a park. I have the fun job of doing a guano check each Wednesday night before choir practice. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri/pants ~ I know, I love this layout. It must be newish at that site because I don't remember ever seeing this one. And I was surprised Mom went along. She usually doesn't because it's "too much walking."

    Ellie ~ Not sure if I'll return it or just use it. I so rarely go to B&BW. I saw someone else say they can't stand the scent of that one. Hubby & I might be out and about this weekend though, so maybe. Yep, they had S'mores and all those yummy foodie one.

    Mary/Sugar Bush ~ The house I grew up in was sort of a bat magnet, and it's always freaked me out. Bleah! I'm with you, I *did* deserve that shopping trip! LOL

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH!! Everything looks so fun and I bet the scents are Fab.!!

    I rarely get to the mall anymore too, I was there all the time as a teenager but with 3 kids there are not enough hours in the day!

    I had the "Chocolate Mint" candle in OH and it is such a Yummy smelling scent..My DH even liked it..lol..

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather ~ There was a home fragrance event today at B&BW, and I thought about going but in the end decided I didn't need anymore candles right now. The new scents came out, and there was a free gift with purchase, and I don't know what else. :(

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete