Friday, August 12, 2011

(Import Post) Apr. 18, 2010

(This is an imported, older post from my soap blog.)

Back from a weekend in Iowa and have been inspired and motivated. Time for this soap maker to get back to work!

We went browsing in all the little shops in The Village of East Davenport and I just had to check out all the lovely bath and body products whenever we came across some.


I did buy some soap, the Milk 'n Honey bar from Iowa Naturals, made right there in Davenport.  Ingredients are not listed on the label and at the website they are bulked together in general, so I'm not sure but I don't think this particular bar contains goat milk.  Regardless, it's quite a nice bar of soap.  Plenty of long lasting lather (which I love!), lovely Oatmeal, Milk & Honey scent, ground oatmeal to scrub and stimulate.  Nice.  We also bought a 'shave stick' for hubby but didn't realize until we were home that we'd grabbed a *womens* stick.  I have not used it.  I don't know if hubby will now.  I don't know what difference there would really be anyway.  Scent?

I was also given a tiny sample of lotion with my purchase.  The only things written on the teeny tiny jar was 'Naked Bee.'  After some internet research I found out this was a product of The Naked Bee, out of California.  I emailed them, told them about my sample, asked if they might know what scent/product it is according to the shop it was in.  They replied that the shop owner probably made the samples herself, and her guess was that it was their signature scent of Orange Blossom Honey.  The sample was so small, but I got a few uses out of it for my hands.  It was nice but I prefer my beloved Bella's Birthday, made and sold by Elli Bath N Beauty over at Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment