Friday, August 12, 2011

(Import Post) Apr. 18, 2011 - Lola & Olivia . . . Bath, Body, and Home Fragrance

(This is an imported older post from my soap blog.)

Lola & Olivia . . . Bath, Body, and Home Fragrance
This is another shop I found on YouTube.  Markeeta had subscribed to my channel and as I always do, I went to her channel to have a look around and found a link to her brand new Etsy shop, so I checked that out too.  Since it was a new shop she was having special goodies for the first ten customers.  I soooo did not need anymore soap or bath and body products but what the heck, a new shop looking for some business and a variety of bonus goodies that would let me try several of her products.
I ordered two bars of soap.  All the other things you see in the picture above are the bonus goodies.  I have tried several of the products so far, and will go through them individually below.  The bars of soap are good sized, generous but still fit in your hand so you're not fumbling in the shower.  They came in clear cello bags with labels on them, and wrapped together in a large brown ribbon, but I'm not sure if this is going to be her final packaging design.  The one that I've used so far took a bit of work to get some lather going but once it was there it was plentiful and very nice.  I noticed the little sachet bag is a match to the ribbon around the soaps...wonder if she made the bag herself??  Very cute.  There was a pretty little gift tin that I'll explain later, and a nice thank you card that even matches that tin.  It was so much fun to go through this package when I got it!

The bar that I have used is this one, called Candy Rain.  Described as 'a blend of vanilla, orange, pineapple and cherry. Very sweet and candy-like,'  it is a purplish color with some green and beige (and maybe blue?) swirls at the top, and some very pretty colored glitter sprinkled on.  When I smell it my first thought is 'Mmmm, candy!' but when I really stop and try to figure it out I think it's mainly the cherry and vanilla that I smell and I love that.  A very nice bar that I would highly recommend.

This is the other bar I ordered, French Vanilla Chai.  Described as 'made with chai tea and scented with vanilla and cassisa essential oil,' I was so excited when I saw this in her shop.  It is a smaller but thicker bar than the other, deep tan with cream colored swirls throughout.  I could never describe this scent.  It's not at all what I thought it would be but then again, I guess I'm not all that familiar with the scent of chai anyway...lol  I don't know what cassissa is, so maybe that's what I'm smelling.  I'm not getting vanilla at all.  It's not a bad scent though.  I'll have to pop this one in the shower and give it a try.

When I first opened the box I was greeted with a strong but nice scent that I knew could not be my soaps.  It was this cute little sachet bag!  I don't know what scent it is.  I saw in a YouTube video that someone else had gotten one too and in the comments Markeeta wrote that it was Orchid Rain.  (I think??)  I compared the scent of the bag with one of the other samples I have in that scent and they don't smell the same, so I'm really not sure if mine is also Orchid Rain or not.  Not that it matters....it smells so nice, whatever it is.  It's sort of way more perfumey than I would normally like but it's a NICE perfumey.  (I seem to be softening towards floral scents lately too so who knows what's going on.  lol)  I'm not sure what I'll do with this, maybe put it in my car.  Ooooh, should hang it in my son's room (either son!) because it smells like nasty boy room.  Don't you think all teenage boys rooms should smell perfumey?!  hehe

Two mini bath bombs came in this cute tin.  I don't see bath bombs in her shop yet so I can't link to it or get a description but a supplier site's description of the Orchid Rain scent is 'unique combination of fresh orchids, peony, water lily, watercress, aloe vera, and bamboo.'   It is very nice.  Now that I just shoved these in my face to smell them again, I think maybe it is the same as the sachet.  Very nice!  Sort of a sweet floral perfume.  If this is a dupe of some actual perfume, someone let me know because I need to get some!  Anyway, I have not used these yet because I'm not much of a bath lounger.  I'll get to them eventually.  She was also giving out mini solid-lotions but I got the bath bombs.

One the left is a Vanilla Creme Oatmeal lotion sample.  The scent is described as 'A warm blend of apple, pear, mellon, vanilla, musk, white chocolate, and raw sugar cane. Although this smells sweet and feminine, it is actually subtle and boyfriend approved lol!!'  I'm all about foodie scents!  While this definitely has fruity tones, I don't pick out any one in particular.  It's softened and leans slightly towards a warm scent because of the vanilla and hints of white chocolate.  A very nice scent that I think would be great in soap.  While this lotion is not quite the fluffy type that I prefer, it is thick enough and I really liked it.  My sample is gone already.

On the right is a sample of Vanilla Mint lip balm.  The scent is very minty, with a hint of sweetness from the vanilla.  I love it.  I had a blast using this at first because all of my lip balms are in stick form.  I was using this all the time because it was fun, but I've now come to realize that I'm not a fan of the balms you have to rub your finger in.  The balm itself was fine....very light, not waxy feeling at all.


And she included a ton of samples, good sized samples too!  I have not used any of these so I'll just quickly note the names and scents of each, left to right, top row first.
Mandarin Tangerine - I don't see this in her shop, but it's....obviously.....an orangey citrus scent, but not harsh and zesty.  It's quite nice.

Kaolin Clay Shaving Soap - unscented.

Mint Green Tea - made with real green tea, there is no added fragrance but it still does have a natural scent to it.

Bamboo - green bar, described as 'crisp and clean scent with notes of fresh lime and mint, middle notes of french lavender and a base of white musk.'  I like this scent.

Come Clean - 'A crisp blend of peony, marine and fresh air.'  Reminds me of dryer sheets...hehe.

Vanilla Mint - 'delightful blend of rich sweet vanilla with lavender, rosemary, peppermint, spearmint, eucalyptus and white camphor essential oils and coconut milk'  To me, this doesn't smell anything like the lip balm Vanilla Mint.  Maybe they're not the same, or maybe the product affects the scent, not sure.  The balm was a much sweeter version.

Charcoal Soap - There is no scent description but she mentions vanilla in the listing.

ChocFullO'Mint - This is my favorite of the samples.  It smells wonderful, like a Peppermint Patty, and it looks so cool with the green and white swirls in the dark brown bar.

Oatmeal Soap - The note on my sample says it's scented but there is no scent description in the shop.  It is not my beloved Oatmeal, Milk & Honey scent.  It almost seems like a natural honey and oatmeal scent.

And that is my order from Lola & Olivia - Bath, Body, and Home Fragrance.  I don't see any home fragrance items in her shop yet but the shop is new, and maybe she's just not ready to bring those in yet.  A sample tart was listed in her First 10 Customers gifts but I did not get one.  Bummer.  You know how I am about tarts!

Anyway, a nice new shop worth checking out!

Lola & Olivia on . . . ETSY.
Lola & Olivia on . . . YOUTUBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment