Friday, August 12, 2011

(Import Post) Apr. 21, 2011 - Alchemic Muse

(This is an imported older post from my soap blog.)

Alchemic Muse

This is one of the shops I've had my eye on for a long long time.  I really couldn't tell you why exactly, just one of those things that catches your attention and grabs you.  There is a look, a feel, about their stuff.  I don't know if I'd call it a medieval thing, not sure what style it falls into.  Reminds me slightly of Haus of Gloi.  I also couldn't tell you why I waited so long to order.  *thinks . . . shrugs*

I ordered one bar, the Blackstrap bar.  Described as 'Submit to the sultry and inviting aroma of this enticing creation. Caramelized brown sugar, sweet blackstrap molasses and creamy coconut milk dripping over ripe Moroccan figs floating on a base of vanilla beans and soft white musk.'  It's even made with real molasses, which I've heard about but never tried doing myself.  I found that interesting.  The scent is a sweet musk, a hint of vanilla but mostly just a blend of warm sweetness and mixed with the musk.  It's unisex to me, easy for a man to use without fear of being too girly but still sweet enough for the girlies to enjoy too.

It's a decent size bar, thick and chunky but still fits in your hand easily.  The lather is great . . . easy to work up, bubbly, and long lasting.  The scent is not overpowering.  A very nice bar of soap that makes me want to try more of their stuff.

One thing that surprised me though was that there was nothing else in the package.  Nothing.  If you've read my previous post about samples this is going to be funny but I really was shocked and slightly disappointed that there wasn't at least one small sample of something, anything in the package.  I guess I've just gotten so used to it.  But there was also no receipt or invoice or note of any kind.  And there was no communication on Etsy either.  I placed my order, I got my order, end of story.  I'm so used to all the friendly chatter and trivial bits that it was just a bit shocking to not have any of that with this one.

It does come across as a bit 'cold' but the shipping was fast and the soap is fine so I guess that's all that really matters in the end.  And yes, I probably would order from this company again.

I have no idea if they have a YouTube channel, blog, personal website or anything but you can visit Alchemic Muse on Etsy . . . HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment