Friday, August 12, 2011

(Import Post) Apr. 7, 2011 - Kim's Tarts

(This is an imported older post from my soap blog.)

Kim's Tart Candles

I love tarts.  I will choose a tart over a candle any day.  To me they are always stronger and have way better scent throw.  When I heard about Kim's Tarts I was skeptical.  The price is SO low that I thought for sure they would be weak.  But they're not!  I was greatly surprised and pleased! 

 You get three big tarts in a package for only $1.50.  That's crazy!  And these are good sized tarts.  One fills up my bigger warmer, and I have to cut them in half for my smaller warmer.  (I use the cheap $3-4 tea light warmers from Walmart, not the large bowl elecrtic types.)

They are colored but nothing fancy about them.  There is some sinking in the middle which master tartists frown upon but for this price, and the good strong scent, who cares?  They all melt down into a puddle anyway. 

And there are soooooo many scents to choose from on Kim's site.  Oh.My.Gosh.  It was so hard to pick a few for my first order because.... A) there are so many to choose from that you forget what you wanted as your browse the site and see new ones, and B) I wanted to try them all!!

My first order was small because I still have so many tarts from various other sources.  I let hubby pick a few because (like with soap) I am always picking scents that *I* want.  So in our first order we got.....

Creme Brulee - 'The delightful scent of creamy vanilla custard pudding drenched with creamy buttery caramel sauce! Highly requested by customers! Fantastic! Color: Beige.'

Lilac - 'A summer's lilac bush in full bloom. Color: Purple.'

Tropical Blast - 'A fresh tropical combination of pineapples, mango, papaya, coconut, and wild watermelon. Color: Red.'

Peony - 'A true peony scent. This romantic, powdery, floral is by far one the finest florals I have ever smelled.'

Hubby burned the Lilac back when I was sick, so I wasn't able smell it.  He says it was strong and a true lilac scent.  We have not used the Peony one yet, but the Tropical Blast is very nice and the Creme Brulee is divine.  My favorites are always in the warm, cozy, foodie scents.  Hubby's.....surprisingly......are more floral.  We've gotten at least two good burns out of each of the ones we've used so far.  Maybe we could get more but I'm always so anxious to move on to the next scent that we've probably tossed some out before they are really drained of their scent.  

I'm chomping at the bit to place another order!  If you're looking for affordable tarts in a huge variety of scents, I strongly suggest you check out.......KIM'S TARTS.

On a side note, I first heard about these tarts through a video on YouTube by Ellie.  She is a Bath & Body Works guru, so if you want to know what's new there or how to save money, I suggest you check out her channel..... 'pepper19882007.'  She's done a video or two about Kim's Tarts too.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment