Friday, August 12, 2011

(Import Post) Mar. 2, 2011 - Ariel's Secret Garden

(This is an imported older post from my soap blog.)

I discovered Ariel's Secret Garden when I started watching YouTube soap videos back around the holidays.  (Or in the fall?  Wow, I can't remember...time is flying by.)  Sherri is the soap maker, and I just love watching her videos.  There is just something about her, I don't even know how to describe it.  She just always seems mellow and content, and finding joy in everything.  She's very inspiring to an old crabbypants like me.

I'm not sure how long she's been making soap or selling soap.  She has her own goats, uses her own goat milk.  I think I never ordered from her before now because I always felt sort of guilty about buying other soaps instead of using my own.  And I'd already accumulated a huge stash of soaps and lotions and various other bath and body products.  It is my obsession.  What can I say?

So anyway, I finally ordered from her.  Yay!

She had Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap listed in her Etsy shop so of course that was the obvious choice for me.  I also ordered the smaller size jar of her body frosting because I'm still looking for a lotion that I'm going to be happy with.  (I had a favorite but that seller has closed her shop.  Boo!)  It was just a small order to start out but man I'm wishing I'd ordered more!

The packaging is so cute, everything cello wrapped and tied with lace or ribbon.  The little bear (dog?) with the heart was an extra little goodie she included because it was near Valentine's Day.  There were some dried rosebuds in the box too.  And she included a free bar of Rose soap!  (That's the round one on the right in the picture.)

I wish I'd taken pics of the items individually as well but for whatever reason, I didn't.

The Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap is fabulous.  It's a big bar, probably should have cut it in half for easier handing.  I'll probably still do that.  It lathers easily and fabulously, and that's huge for me.  The scent is just right, not overpowering but plenty enough to know it's there.  I can't say for sure if it stays on the skin afterwards because I slather lotions on.  This soap IS very moisturizing but I am so soooo dry and itchy this winter that I've been using lotions like crazy.  And it was such a treat to get back to handcrafted soap after my recent Bath & Body Works and Bodycology phase.  Yes, I think I'll go back to handcrafted....and use up my massive stockpiles of the store bought stuff somewhere along the way.

The body frosting that I got is in Vanilla Pear scent.  I love this stuff.  It's the closest to my beloved Bella's Birthday that I've found yet....product wise, not scent wise.  It's a light, whipped consistency.  There is no greasiness, absorbs right into the skin, and it lasts a long time.  Mine was a pale green and white swirled frosting when I got it but it's taken on a slightly brown tint now, I'm assuming because the vanilla turns things brown.  Very nice product!

I have not used the Rose soap yet.  I'm not a fan of florals, so I might give this one away, but I'm sure it's just as nice as the other products.

Everything was packaged very nicely.  Shipping was quick.  And Sherri is very friendly and helpful.  Go check her out!

Ariel's Secret Garden on YouTube.
Ariel's Secret Garden on Etsy.
***UPDATE***
Since originally posting this, Ariel's Secret Garden has left Etsy and can now be found on . . . Artfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment