Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sept. 13 - Ariel's Secret Garden mini haul

Ok, so I missed my goal of posting everyday but that's what happens when you work 12 hour shifts in a factory and you're not 20 anymore.  LOL  But it's my day off now and here we go with another Fall Shopping Frenzy Haul . . .

I first tried Ariel's Secret Garden early this year, way back in my spring shopping frenzy.  Really couldn't tell you why I waited so long to order again.  (Oh yeah, maybe it's because I have about ten thousand bars of soap and jars of lotion already?)  So, of course, fall scents coming out and there is no keeping me away.  There were several bars and things I wanted to order . . . she's been doing these awesome looking soap cakes and pies and things!  But I found some self restraint and just picked out a couple bars.


Pumpkin Eggnog 
I don't see this in her shop at the moment.  One thing I don't like about Artfire is that you can't look back through sold items to see what else a shop might have, or to be able to grab the scent description or something . . . like right now when it would be handy.  But anyway, that has nothing to do with Ariel's Secret Garden so I'll quit ranting.  

This is a beautiful bar for fall.  I thought the scent would be way sweeter than it is.  I was surprised actually that it smells almost nothing like what I expected, but it's still a great fall scent.  Spice is the first thing that hits you, like cinnamon.  Very very subtly in the background is something else that might be pumpkin or eggnog but it's mainly spicy scent.  There are a few small splotches of orange swirl which add to the fall feel.  And the top, ohhh let me show you the top . . . 
I was so happy to get one with a good chunk of jack-o-lantern face!  How stinkin' cute is that???  There is even a little green piece for the stem, and some Halloweeny sprinkles and lots of fun sparkly glitter.  Love it!


'Autumn Magic starts with top notes of lemon and apple; followed by middle notes of anise, cinnamon, and ginger; sitting on well-rounded base notes of woods, musk, and vanilla.'    
This bar is gorgeous!!  Look at those large globby 'swirls.'  Look at those fabulous fall colors.  The top is just a scaled back lightly textured look with a small amount of shimmer and sparkle.  Oh hey, looking at it more closely, I think the shimmer is actually inside the bar too wherever the orange is.  Cool!  The scent is once again nothing like I was expecting but, once again, is not a bad scent.  It's woodsy and musky and spicy.  I don't pick up any of the fruits or vanilla notes.  It's almost a masculine scent instead of a fall scent.


I also received a free sample, this chunky leaf soap.  It's in Mardi Gras scent, which is described as 'fresh citrus top notes of grapefruit, orange zests, and tangerine; middle notes of strawberries, apples, pears, rose petals and jasmine; with sexy bottom notes of vetiver, white musk, and ylang ylang.'   I'd not smelled this scent before but I really like it!  It's sort of a sweet fruity scent with just a hint of floral, like a bright spring scent. I will have to revisit this scent after the holidays. There appears to be a very light orange swirl in there too. 

If you are not familiar with Ariel's Secret Garden you should definitely check them out.  They have lotions and scrubs and perfumes along with their soaps.  They own and milk their own goats.  And their videos are so fun to watch.  Sherri so sweet, so down to earth and content.  We could all learn something from her! 

Ariel's Secret Garden on . . . YouTube

5 comments:

  1. The swirls in that Autumn Leaf soap are fantastic. This was the first shop I ever ordered from and it was like opening a present on Christmas morning when it came. Sherry and Ariel do a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri really shines during Halloween... last year she came up with amazing stuff that made it impossible not to buy. I'm so glad you got your hands on some of her goodies! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she keeps coming out with more that make me all "Oooooh, WANT!"

    Did you guys see that Grinch cupcake in one of Ariel's videos? Cute!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww BEAUTIFUL you made are soapies look so cute with your lil set up. THANK YOU honey please enjoy!=]]]

    HUGS

    Sherri and Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very welcome, ladies. And of course I'll enjoy! :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete