Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sept. 4 - Nature's Essence mini haul

I first tried products from Nature's Essence earlier this year (see post HERE) when I went on my 'Gotta Try Everyone!' spring shopping frenzy.  With all the fall goodies coming out now, it's looking like 'Gotta Try Everyone!' part two.  Actually, I had not intended to order from here.  I already had several fall soaps ordered and knew I'd have enough to get me through to the upcoming Christmas round of 'Gotta Try Everyone!'  But then I watched Dani's YouTube video where she was introducing her fall line and . . . uh, yeah.

'The aroma of bubbly spiced cider complimented by juicy notes of orange, pineapple, peach, and cranberry; well-rounded with base notes of cinnamon, vanilla, and sheer musk.'
I thought this bar of soap was absolutely gorgeous.  This pic, and the pic in her shop (linked above) don't do it justice.  It was in the video that the beautiful top reached out and grabbed me.  It's a shimmery gold that looks sooo cool.  Stupid reason to buy soap, I know.  LOL  But seriously, I needed this one.  And when I took a quick mental inventory of the fall scents I had already ordered I realized I didn't have any cider types, so it was totally ok for me to get this one.  (Right??)

Ohhh, this one smells so good.  I just realized now, as I read the description, that it's not an apple based cider.  It's a spiced cranberry type scent.  Although there are notes of other fruits you don't detect them individually.  They sort of just sweeten the cranberry a bit before the spice takes over.  Yummy!

Nature's Essence has ginormous bars of soap.  I don't usually cut my bars but this is big enough that I probably will.  Dani also said in a video that she's changed her recipe, which is another reason I decided to go ahead and order.  This bar does feel a bit harder.  That's good, because one of the small dislikes I had before was the bars were so soft and even for being so big, they went fast.

She's also changed her label and packaging.  Personally, I like the old style better . . . but that has nothing to do with the soap.  Hehe.

I also received two small samples.  The grayish one on the left is Witching Hour, and the brown-pink on the right is Dragon's Blood.  Both are part of the fall line.  I've made Dragon's Blood scent before as part of the Warcraft line when I was making soap, so I'm familiar with the scent and was never too taken by it.  Even so, it must be different when you receive it from someone else because I *really* like this one.  It's described as 'a mysterious scent that is slightly sweet and spicy. It has a warm, earthy scent, with notes of amber, vanilla, sandalwood, light tones of musks and hints of asian florals to bring out subtle spice undertones.'   This one is very nice and should not be reserved just for the fall line.  (Or maybe it's not and I'm just assuming.  Doh.)

Witching Hour is a funny one.  When I saw it in the video I was all 'Ooohhh that's so cool!' and wanted it for the Halloween factor.  I mean, look at this bad boy . . .
But described as 'A fun Halloween fragrance composed of spicy, magical notes. This accord begins with freshly ground cinnamon bark, and complimented with herbal notes of bergamot, cannabis flower, jasmine, and rose; and sits on earthy base notes of sheer musk, black tea, and patchouli,' this, sadly, didn't sound overly appealing to me.  And because the bar is sooo ginormous to fit the skull on, I decided I didn't want it after all.  So I laughed a bit that this was one of my free samples.  When I first smelled it I was kicking myself that I didn't get it, because it smelled ah-may-zing.  But now I think it was picking up hints of the other soaps from being in the package together.  When I smell it now, after it's had time to air on its own, I'm back to finding it only slightly interesting.  Even so, that is one cool looking Halloween bar!

I haven't actually used these soaps yet but I'm anxious to because of the recipe change.  I'm also looking forward to seeing what winter/Christmas goodies she comes up with in the coming months!

3 comments:

  1. The top of that cidery bar does look cool and it sounds like it smells reeally good.

    I'm intrigued by the idea of huge bars ...

    Ha, I like how those skulls look too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hers are indeed huge. When you took those samples from me, do you know if any were from her? She's not a goat milk soaper though. Maybe the occasional batch with goat milk but in general, no.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, bummer. I do want to still be goaty.

    I do not have any samples from there.

    ReplyDelete