Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nov. 9 - Quarantine 2: Terminal (movie)

Quarantine 2: Terminal
(2011)
When a virus that turns its victims into crazed killers infects travelers on an airplane, authorities seal off the jet to let the virus run its course. Realizing they've been left to die, a flight attendant and a passenger plan a daring escape.

When I saw the first Quarantine I was freaked out big time.  It was the scariest movie ever until I saw Paranormal Activity a short time later.  When I saw that there was a second Quarantine I thought 'Whatever,' and wondered why they always have to do that, try and ride the success of a surprise hit.  Just like Blair Witch 2 and Paranormal Activity 2 sucked and failed because they tried too hard, I figured this one would too.  But then I saw previews for it a couple times on other dvds we were watching and something about it intrigued me.  I think it was the fact that this one was taking place on a plane.  THAT is terrifying.  Where can you go to get away from it???

So we Netflixed it and watched it recently.  And yeah, it failed miserably.  I was surprised that going into it my stomach was all in knots, tensed so much just at the thought of things.  The things happening on the plane were indeed terrifying but the problem was that they landed quite early in the movie and most of it took place on the ground, locked in the terminal.  It all went downhill from there.  There were some tense, freaky moments, even some sad moments, but overall it was predicable and lacking.

If you saw this one, what did you think?

2 comments:

  1. We watched the first movie but didn't even know this one was out...sounds predictable though.

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is sort of an in-between one too, one that shows the Disease Control team going into the building from the first movie and showing what they found. It's not called Quarantine though, so I'm not sure.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete