Friday, December 30, 2011

Bodycology Scrub/Butter Gift Set

After an anonymous comment left on my previous Bodycology sugar scrub post, I popped into Target bright and early this morning after doing my regular grocery shopping.  And what did I find?

Just as 'Anonymous' said, there were Bodycology combo pack gift sets containing a sugar scrub and . . . a body butter!!  I didn't even know Bodycology had body butters!  Oh happy day!  I saw the Hazelnut scent I already have, and the Coconut Almond, and maybe one more, and then found the Brown Sugar Vanilla that 'Anonymous' had mentioned.  Of course I grabbed it.


Brown Sugar Vanilla is one of my favorites of the Bodycology scents.  It's described as 'The warm blend of vanilla, brown sugar and sensual amber creates a cozy, comforting scent,' and is very similar to Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar.  So I was very happy to see this scent in these products.


The body butter is nice.  It's not the light and fluffy type that I prefer, like what I can get in the handcrafted community.  No, it's more of that sort of springy or rubbery consistency that Bath & Body Works has.  It's a little harder to stick your fingers in and scoop some out but it works fine to just run your fingers across the top and sort of gather up what you need.  It's quite heavily scented, so the scent will indeed remain on your skin.  It spreads easily, absorbs quickly with no greasy feel, and so far (I've only been home about 15 minutes, lol) it's leaving my skin very soft and nice feeling.

Now for the heads up if you are at all interested in this gift pack . . . you might want to hurry to your Target.  These will be found in the Christmas clearance aisles.  You know, where they've crammed all the leftover Christmas items and marked the prices way down.  There were plenty of them at my Target but who knows how long they'll last?  The jar of scrub is slightly smaller than the regular single jar you can buy (10oz in the gift set, 16oz regular) and the body butter is only a 5oz jar, but these are still decent sizes, and perfect if you like to change up your scents more often. 

The set was originally $9.99 but with Christmas clearance it is now $4.99.  How awesome is that??  And why did it take me until I was home to realize I should have grabbed a bunch more of these?!  DUH!!!  The regular sugar scrub jar sells for $5.96 at Walmart.  So here I'm paying only $4.99 and getting body butter on top of it!  I have not seen body butters anywhere else yet.  I'm fighting the urge to go back and grab more.  I've warned hubby that if we go shopping anywhere today I *will* need to go back to Target.  He just laughed.

I had first looked in the regular Bodycology section of the store and did not see these sets there.  Did not see separate body butters either.  But I did notice another scent of sugar scrub that I had not seen yet . . . Coconut Lime.  So now we're up to five known sugar scrub scents.  This is one thing I don't really like about the Bodycology website.  They do not show new items.  Well, I can't seem to find them on their site.  When they came out with the new Enchanted Forest scent a while ago (which I really like), I first saw it on Facebook.  It was quite some time, and I'd already bought a bottle of the body mist, before I saw it had been added to their site.  I have not seen the scrubs on their site yet, or even the body butters.  And the other day I saw, again on Facebook, that they now have lip glosses.  I haven't found them in stores or on the site yet.  Guess I should be thankful for Facebook, huh? 

I know the handcrafted community is probably ready to burn me at the stake for venturing back to the bad side.  I do look at the long, unpronouncable names of some of the ingredients in these products and cringe.  I see that these are made in China and I cringe.  I'm not even sure why I'm drawn to this brand.  Part of it is price and convenience, I'm sure.  It gets frustrating trying to find a natural, handcrafted product you really like only to have that shop close or change or discontinue things.  Or, I really hate paying the extra dollars for an awesome handmade lotion that I love, only to find out it's just a pre-made base that the 'handcrafter' simply added scent to. 

Or ok, yeah, I should at least find a natural, US-made commercial brand if it's convenience I'm looking for.

But whatever . . . there are plenty of people out there who aren't concerned with such things, so these posts will be for them  :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh dont let anyone give you crap about it..lol Its your body, your money, your right. If ya like it, buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this set is amazing!!!! I've been looking for a while for an inexpensive body butter and scrub! I need to get this! And I love vanilla scents! :) Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kimberly. :)

    Emily ~ I would hurry to Target and grab what you can afford. They're cheap right now! Let me know if you get some, and if you find other scents. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bodycology Coconut Lime sugar scrub? Where have you been all my life? I shall have to keep an eye out for that.

    Did you wind up going back and grabbing more sets like you were being pulled to do? Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of you immediately when I saw that Coconut Lime. LOL!

    And nope, I didn't go back and grab more. I felt guilty about the tons of other products I already had, just sitting and gathering dust.

    There is new Bodycology scent coming out early in March. I've only seen a teaser pic of it in an email, so I'm excited to see what it's like.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete