Wednesday, December 21, 2011

HurriKayn Natural Soap

I received a package the other day but was waiting for today to post about it because it was a birthday gift from my online friend Mindy.  We've known each other for years, going all the way back to the first season of Lost, when we were both on a Lost message board.  (Those were the days!  Marshall the marshal, anyone?)  She is well aware of my soap addiction and this year has treated me from a shop I'd never heard of . . . HurriKayn Natural Soap, Inc.

I received this bar of Oatmeal Lavender soap, and while I'm not a lavender fan this one also has cinnamon, which somehow turns it into THE most amazing scent ever.  I would never have imagined those two would compliment each other so well!  I am in love with this scent now and will be looking for it in any shops I visit in the future.  There is also ground oatmeal in this soap, making it both soothing and gently exfoliating.  I'm looking forward to trying this one!  (After I sniff all the scent out of it.  Mmmmmmmmmm!)

I also received this bar of Spice Of Life soap, but I don't know much about it because there was no label and the website is not very informative.  It says on the site this is for deep exfoliation, so I don't know if the dark specks I see are coffee grounds . . . ?  There is a soft spicy scent that is very nice, definitely cinnamon, and maybe a hint of vanilla or something sweet.  Very nice, just wish I knew more about it.

Looking at the HurriKayn website, I see they also have bath salts, lip balms, sugar scrubs, and body butters.  Nice!  I just wish they listed their ingredients on the site.  The body butter looks rather pricey, so it would be nice to see what is in there before committing to such a purchase.  Same with the scrub, would love to see the actual product and know what is in it.  I wonder if they do sample sizes.  Hmm.

Well, for now I am looking forward to trying the two bars I've been given, and I send heartfelt thanks to Mindy, for once again making my birthday a very happy day.

Thank you, Mindy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Nice! The oatmeal lavender soap must smell great! I'm not fond of lavender either, but by the description on their website it sounds really nice.

    I can not believe they don't include the ingredients on the website. It says "all natural"; well all natural could also be dog turds LOL

    Are the ingredients listed on the label??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on the dog poo! But yes, you have a point. The ingredients are the label of the lavender bar but the other one just came in a plain white bag and there is NO info about it. I thought it was a freebie, but Mindy said no, she had picked both. So why they would send it like that, not sure.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. You have nice friends!

    ReplyDelete