Monday, December 26, 2011

Review - Bodycology Sugar Scrub

I usually buy myself a little something for Christmas and this year it was Bodycology's new sugar scrub.  I'd actually bought this well before my disaster with the Bath & Body Works Scrub of Death, but I could not try it because it was a Christmas present.  It was in my head those several days in between 'Ohhhh, what if it sucks like that other one???'

I've tried several of the Bodycology products and have liked them all but with my mood swings between 'I love Bath & Body Works!' and 'I love all natural handcrafted!' this brand keeps getting passed over.  You can find Bodycology pretty much anywhere . . . Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc.  It's very affordable too.  So when I saw they now have sugar scrubs, I was super excited.  It's a 16 oz. jar, and costs $5.97 at Walmart.  I saw three scents: Apricot Mango, Coconut Almond, and Hazelnut.


I bought the Hazelnut scent.  It smells yummy, strong enough to be pleasant in the shower but not overpowering, and I don't think it lingered on my skin, which is fine if you like to use other scents in lotions or sprays afterwards.  The consistency of this product was on the more liquid side, but not totally oily and runny.  You can easily scoop some out and get to your body without having it run all over before you get there.  The sugar granules are small and gentle, but last plenty long enough to get a good scrub.  The oils left my skin feeling soft and moisturized but didn't leave me feeling like an oil slick.  My bathtub did not become slippery, maybe because the consistency is so workable that most stays on your body, not running down all over the floor of the tub.  That was a huge plus.

I am a fan of this scrub!  I will definitely get the other two scents.  They are convenient to get for me and highly affordable, and they seem to work just fine.  It is not all natural, which sucks, but I'm not hardcore on that rule anyway.  If I do find a natural one I like in the handcrafted community I will probably give it a try, but for now I'm happy with the Bodycology scrub.

Are you familiar with the Bodycology line?  As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. Now that looks like a fantastic scrub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like it so far. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. They also have a new scent--Brown Sugar Vanilla! I purchased it in a 2 pack at Target for about $12 I think. It comes with a body butter. I highly recommend this scrub! It works like a charm! I think of it as an alternative for the $30-$60 Fresh Brown Sugar Scrub at Sephora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Sounds yummy, and comes with body butter??? I have to go look for this!

    Thanks for the heads up. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, good to know this is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And affordable!

    I've been neglectful in my scrub usage lately. I want to get Kurth to try it because he has some wicked winter skin, but I'm pretty sure he'd run screaming at the idea. Would Brad use a sugar scrub???

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete