Monday, January 9, 2012

Haul - Candlelynn

Candlelynn is a brand new shop to me, but has been on Etsy since 2009.  I came across it recently in a very round about way . . . a comment on one blog led me to a post on another blog which had a link to the shop in a review.  My first reaction was 'Bleah, no soap here,' and I left the site without really looking around much.  Then I remembered I don't need any more soap, that it's lotions and other things I'm looking for now.  Doh!  So I gave the shop a second look, a much more thorough look.

I was excited to see she had body cream that appeared to be the light, fluffy 'frosting' type that I prefer.  Looking at the ingredients, and not knowing anything about this shop, I wondered if this was homemade or made from a base, but then decided I wanted to try it regardless.  The creams can be colored if requested, and there were so many scents I wanted, but since I'm looking for unscented lotions right now I just picked a small jar of unscented, uncolored.  I tried a little dab when I opened the package and found it's thicker than I'd expected, but still seems very  nice.  I'll see how it goes when I start using it like normal.

Lip balms are another thing I've been looking for.  There are plenty to choose from in the Candlelynn shop.  When I saw this caramel scent, I knew this was the one for me.  Mmmm, smells so. freakin. yummy!  I did one quick application when I opened the package, just to see what it was like, and found it is the soft type, the sort of 'wet' feeling kind where a little goes a long way.  I'll have to use it for a while to see how it works and how I like it.

This shop has tarts too!  I know, it seems everyone is making tarts now, but what the heck . . . since I was ordering anyway, I decided to add some tarts to the cart.  There are several size and package options available.  I chose a five tart 'littles' sampler and asked Jana to pick random scents for me, anything but floral.  She picked some good ones!  AND she included a freebie!  (Thank you, Jana!)
Zucchini Bread - Hot and fresh out of the oven, just like grandma's. Warm spices and sweet bread! 
 A very nice warm, bread-y scent.

 Gingerbread - A perfect holiday treat! A richly spiced gingerbread with just
the right hint of sweetness.
This is the sweeter type of gingerbread scent, like cookies.  I like it!  (Not sure about the odd looking spots or wax on top.  Hope it doesn't affect melting or throw.)

Carrot Cake - A buttery spice blend with hints of peach, coconut, carrots,
cinnamon and warm vanilla.
Not sure about the funky looking wax in this one either but hubby requested a carrot cake scent a while ago so I was tickled to see this one.  It's more spicy than cake-y.

Buttermilk Pancakes - Vanilla, Creamy Buttermilk, Sticky Maple Sweet Cream, Maple, White Cocoa Musk, Vanilla Bean and Golden Honey!
Had to chuckle at this one too after just writing about my other Buttermilk Pancake tart yesterday.  This one does have the maple notes that the other didn't have.  So sooooo yummy!
Apple Jack's Peel - Wonderful fresh apple aroma with spicy notes of cinnamon and clove.
An awesome fall scent that I'm well familiar with from my soaping days, and happy to have again.
Cupid - This one is a must-smell! It's a rich, cherry almond coconutty scent!
I'm guessing this is the freebie because of the name and the upcoming holiday.  This one smells so good!  At first it was so familiar to me, would have sworn it was some kind of candy, but when I saw the description I realized it is probably the cherry making me think that.  Very sweet, and very appropriate for Valentine's!
 
And that is my first order from Candlelynn, which can be found on Etsy.  She has many more things in her shop, like sugar scrub cubes, foaming hand/body soaps, candles, room sprays.  One thing I'm considering for next time is the solid perfume sticks.  I've never tried one.

Have you ordered from Candlelynn before?  Any recommendations or thoughts to share?  I'd love to hear them!  And, as always, if you'd like a more in-depth review of anything you see here, just let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I have a couple things in my Etsy cart from this shop. Creme Brulee lip balm and same fragrance in a tart.

    I have quite a few things that I *want* in my cart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. There were tons of things I wanted but thought I'd better limit myself until I could see what the stuff was like.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupid scent sounds awesome!

    How did you wind up liking the body cream and lip balm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lip balm is the one I'm currently using. I've had better balms but, ohmygosh, I love the caramel scent.

    The cream was nice but I noticed a sort of sticky feeling after using it. Not horrible like you have tree sap on your hands (Clark Griswald in Christmas Vacation comes to mind) but just a slight, bothersome feel.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete