Sunday, January 22, 2012

Review - Bodycology Body Cream & Shower Gel

I recently received a package from Bodycology with some products for review.  I'd been told I would be receiving "a package of samples," so imagine my surprise when I found two full size products!

I received a tube of the Bodycology body cream in White Gardenia scent.  I always say I'm not a floral fan, so at first I was a bit bummed by this scent choice but I must admit, this is something I quite like.  It's light and almost a bit sweet.  The description on the tube is:
'beautiful
The rich floral scent of fresh gardenias promotes love, peace and good spirits.'

And . . . 

'beneficial ingredients:
Moisturizing Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, and Nourishing Vitamins E & C.'
 
This is a thick cream, perfect for dry winter skin.  It spreads amazingly easy and smooth though.  A little definitely goes a long way!  And it absorbs quickly, with no greasy feel.  The scent lingers for quite a long time, but not in an overpowering way.  This White Gardenia scent is just a soft, pleasant presence, not at all perfumey.  Very nice, very fresh.

The full size tube of body cream is 8oz/ 227g, and sells for $3.97 at Walmart.

I also received a bottle of shower gel/bubble bath in Island Coconut scent.  I was very excited about this because I *love* coconut scents.  The bottle describes it as:
'tempting
The essence of the beach comes alive with the tempting scent of fresh cut coconut and sweet cream.'

It's a very sweet coconut scent, with that cream note being a definite presence in there.  It's not a heavy scent though.  It does linger on the skin well after you've showered but it's subtle, which makes it nice.

I used this as a shower gel, on a mesh pouf as always, and it lathered like a champ.  There was a ton of immediate and long lasting, creamy lather.  The bottle says there is honey and aloe vera in this product.  Nice!  It rinsed away easily and cleanly, and did not leave me feeling dry and tight.  The scent was nice in the shower, but again it was not overpowering.  A very nice product.

A full size bottle of shower gel/bubble bath is 16oz/473g and sells for $3.97 at Walmart.

Bodycology products can be found almost anywhere . . . Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc. . . . and are extremely affordable.  They have many scents to choose from, and a wide range of products from lotions and body washes, to hand soaps and body mists.  They even have lip glosses, but those are extremely hard to find.  If you  'like' them on Facebook, there is usually a $1.00 off printable coupon available in the left sidebar.  I have enjoyed every product and every scent I have tried so far.  Sadly, my one small complaint is that their website is not at all current.  It would really be nice to have a place to go and see ALL of the products and scents currently available.  But oh well, I still enjoy the products and hope to work with them again for future reviews.  I've even signed up to be a Bodycology tester!  

I encourage you to try any of the very affordable, very available Bodycology products.  There is sure to be something for everyone!

Have YOU tried Bodycology yet?

5 comments:

  1. These sound like some great products. I still want to try that scrub you mentioned before! Yay for being a tester!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their scrubs are still my favorite out of all I've tried so far. And I keep hearing of more scents than what I mentioned in that post. Fun!

    I don't know if I'll be chosen as a tester. I just signed up, and got a 'Thanks for your interest!' message at the end.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool--is this the company you mentioned earlier that you contacted about reviewing?

    Both of these things sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably . . . I don't remember what I said earlier, or in what post. Doh!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, ya know, that's alright--I am coming to this late. ;D

    ReplyDelete