Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Haul - Larson Farm Naturals

I recently placed my first order with Larson Farm Naturals, a company I found while browsing Etsy a while ago.  There was a 20% off special on their blog and I figured that was a good enough reason to finally try them.  This Iowa company has cold process soaps as well as lip balms, body balms, bath salts, laundry soap, and even natural deodorants. 


Of course you knew I had to pick the Oatmeal & Honey goat milk soap to begin my first experience with Larson Farm Naturals.  This one is unscented, but does still contain real honey and finely ground oatmeal.  I'm looking forward to trying this one!


I've been trying to stick to my new 'One Bar Only!' rule when I'm soap shopping these days but when I saw this Sweet Honey Carrot bar I knew I'd have to get this one too.  Honey-carrot soaps are supposed to be fabulous for your skin and are often suggested as face soaps.  I had made a gorgeous batch of it back when I was making soap but never even got to use any because it sold out so fast!  Anyway, this is another unscented bar, and contains real honey and carrots.  Very excited to try this one!


And like I really need another one, I also ordered a lip balm.  I chose the Caramel scent because I seem to be on a caramel kick lately.  Yay!

The bars of soap each came in cello wrap and with a nice cigar band style label.  The soaps have a true handmade, rustic look from their natural colors and the slightly uneven edges from being hand cut.  Shipping was fast . . . ordered on a Thursday afternoon and had my package in Monday's mail.  I also received a thank you message on Etsy from the seller.  There were no samples with my order but hey, I'd gotten 20% off from the blog code!  And the soap maker's name is Debbie.  We all know that Debs are the coolest people on earth!

I will do proper reviews of these items after I've had a chance to use them.

So tell me, have you ever tried Larson Farm Naturals?  What did you think of them?  I'd love to hear!

Posted by,
~DEB

8 comments:

  1. I love hand made natural soaps like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise this morning! I am so glad that you love your soaps and lip balm! I featured you blog on my FB page this moring. Here is the link if you would like to see it.

    www.facebook.com/pages/Larson-Farm-Naturals/192774420735496

    Best wishes to you Deb! I am following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole - Me too. (Obviously. lol)

    Debbie - Thank you for featuring me in return, and for visiting, and for following! That's a lot of thanks!

    I will do more in depth reviews of the products soon. :)

    Are your soaps in any shops or anything? My sister lives in Iowa and I'm pretty sure she'd be interested in your soaps.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on these products after you've tried them :)

    I've also been trying to stick with one bar per order when trying new vendors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one bar rule is hard, isn't it! And it's even worse when there are a bunch of other products calling to you too. lol

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I remember your carrot soaps :) And Wild Mountain Honey. I miss that one!

    Awesome that you got featured and followed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mentioning the Wild Mountain Honey soap awakened that urge to make soap again. *grrrr*

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete