Hubby and I were out and about the other day and happened to be near the Yankee outlet store so we stopped in to see if they had any of the Easter goodies. Because it's an outlet store, you can always find things much cheaper but the downside is that you can't always find the new or more current/popular scents. They did have a couple Easter scents but only in the large jars, and we didn't want those. They had a few Easter accesories like candle holders and things, but still not a huge selection. (They do have leftover Halloween and Christmas things for dirt cheap though.)
Usually when we go to this store I get frustrated because you can't really smell the tarts through the plastic wrap. And usually when we go I am too picky and only sort through a few, looking for scents I know I will like and giving up in a huff because they have such a random mix of lesser scents. Hubby doesn't have these problems. He just walks around and sniffs anything that catches his eye, not worrying about the name or what it *might* smell like. He doesn't categorize like I find myself doing. On top of all this, I've been so jealous lately of people I see in YouTube haul videos because they pop into Yankee and come home with all these wonderful sounding tarts, and they just have so much fun with it. So I was determined to do it differently this time.
We bought this super cute little candle holder for something like $4.00. It holds votive sized candles, and is a pretty Easter design.
Since we'd gotten a votive holder, of course we had to get some votives. These and the tarts were on sale for $1.00 each. Hubby picked all of these, and I didn't not even look at them until we were in the car on the way home. I told him I wanted to be more fun and less picky, and gave him free rein. lol
I'll just list these quickly, and if I can find the scent descriptions on the website I will include them.
- Evening Air
- Island Flower
- Citrus Punch
- Autumn Fruit A harvest celebration featuring lively blackberries with sweet grapes and juicy pears.
- Spring Days
- Beautiful Day
- Cherry Blossom
- Tutti Frutti
- Island Guava
- Orchard Pear Ripe, succulent pears, fresh from the tree, warmed with notes of jasmine and cognac.
- Ocean Blossom Like a swim in a tropical lagoon ... paradise calls in this blend of sea salt, lotus and water lily.
- Creamy Caramel
- Vera Cruz Vanilla
- Dune Grass (Isn't this current? Why isn't it on the site??)
- Sea Harbor
- Fruit Salad It's a festive summer party with this bright, fun mix of juicy, sun-rich melons, berries and citrus.
- Lighthouse Point
- Mango Peach Salsa Sweet and zesty . . . juicy mangoes and peaches livened with citrus, ginger flowers and pepper.
- Lakeside Birch
- Sun & Sand A tropical beach breeze of sweet orange flower, lemony citrus, fresh lavender and powdery musk.
- Vanilla Lime Smooth and refreshing - the creamy richness of vanilla with sweet cane sugar and a zesty lime twist.
- Sage & Citrus This blend of earthy sage, luxurious talc, and lemon-lime creates a natural harmony.
- Pink Sands It's an exotic island escape in the beautiful mix of bright citrus, sweet florals and spicy vanilla.
I'm really curious about these scents that are not on the website. Are any of you Yankee connoisseurs who can help enlighten me? Or, what are some scents you think I should try next? Would love to hear your thoughts!