Monday, April 30, 2012

Bath & Body Works - NEW Malibu Heat

I very rarely go to Bath & Body Works but I admit I do sometimes get sucked into the excitement of new scents when I watch YouTuber B&BW guru videos.  Just this morning I watched Ellie's video about the new scent, Malibu Heat.  Later this morning, Ty and I were trying to kill some time in town while we waited for his car to be fixed, and we ended up at the mall.  He went to GameStop.  I went to Bath & Body Works.

I knew I had to be very careful in that store because we're tight on money at the moment, and I have plenty of lotions already that I'm trying to use up.  First thing I did, even before Overly Perky & Pushy B&BW Girl got to me, was hunt down the Summer Boardwalk candle that everyone is raving about.  MMMM!!!  Yep, it's one I would love to have.  Unfortunately, it only comes in the large size for now and I was not about to spend that much money.  As I was drooling over all the little baby sized candles of other scents, Super Knowledgeable & Helpful Sales Associate finally caught me and ruined my day but telling me that while she thought Summer Boardwalk might be released in the smaller (4 oz.) candle, she was quite sure it would not be in the little baby size.

So I asked about Malibu Heat and she perkily led me up to the checkout counter.  She said had full sizes of different Malibu Heat products in the back if I was interested, but they wouldn't have their full release until later . . . in May, I think?  These 2 oz. preview size bottles of lotion are only a dollar so I knew I'd at least be getting one of these.

I decided to look around the store a bit more, see if there were any other preview size anythings available.  (Nope.)  Or see what the bargin bins had.  (No bins.)  After starting to feel the lure of the candles again, and the urge to buy lots of things I just don't need, I figured it was best to just get my one little bottle of lotion and get the heck out of that place.

I paid and fled.

LOL!

So, what is this new scent like?  The B&BW site describes it as 'Juicy pineapple, California orange and creamy coconut milk.'  It is a light, fun scent . . . fruity.  If I didn't know what was in it, I don't think I'd ever identify anything specifically, but would consider it tropical.  Knowing what notes are there, I do smell the pineapple most and then the sort of creamy sweetness of the coconut milk, but I don't get any orange.  Maybe the orange is that subtle note of 'brightness,' but I'd never know it was actually orange.  It's still a very nice scent though.  I like it.

One thing I love/hate about Bath & Body Works is the bajillions of scents they always have.  I love it because there is always something fun to check out, but I hate it because it can be overwhelming and even repetitive.  I've been hearing that many scents lately seem to be very similar to other scents already out.  Ellie mentioned this Malibu Heat is once again familiar to her but she hadn't put her finger on what it reminds her of yet.  Since I am nowhere near a B&BW connoisseur and have definitely not smelled all they have to offer, I couldn't even begin to suggest what this new one may or may not smell like, BUT, when I sniff this I *do* think there is something sort of generically related to B&BW scents.

Wow, that's a lot of nattering for one little bottle of lotion!  Guess that shows how anxious I am to get back to my daily natterings type posts.

But anyway . . . have you tried B&BW's new Malibu Heat scent?  What are some of your favorite B&BW scents or products?

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you got it. I too was really hoping Summer Boardwalk was coming in the baby sizes. :( Glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The large candles aren't on sale right now, are they? Do you know when they will be again?

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a B&BW in a long time but I'm thinking of checking them out since I liked your Salty Caramel candle as much as you did. Online they have the baby Summer Boardwalk candle and 31 other scents in the mini size! I just made a Witch City Wicks order but I should have gone to B&BW and checked out all of the fruity scents that are looking really good to me first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped by B&BW on my way home last night and they happened to have all the Boardwalk series minis! I read some reviews about the glass minis not having the same throw as the old minis and in general the scent strength did seem weaker, maybe because glass is thicker than plastic there's less wax now.

    Despite there being a sale I managed to get out without buying anything. I'm going back to the mall today though so maybe there will be another round of browsing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very rarely go to B&BW because I very rarely go to the mall. I'm usually in and out of town early, before the mall even opens. Sometimes that sucks, but I think it's saved me tons of money because if B&BW was a convenient place to go to . . . ohhhh lordee, I don't know how long my self control would last.

    The same with Yankee. We only have an outlet near us. If we had a regular Yankee near us we'd be broke.

    I did look at the B&BW site though just to see what minis are available. *sigh* I want them all. I can't wait to see what fall scents they have.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in a mall with a B&BW today, and the store had a table near the entrance with fall candles. I did a quick circle around the table with my head down to avoid being noticed by an employee and sniffed 5 scents...Cider Lane was my favorite, a really good apple scent. Pumpkin Caramel Latte was nice if you like coffee scents. Leaves, Cinnamon Nut Bread, and Autumn Day didn't make as much of an impression.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing so much about the B&BW fall scents but I haven't even stopped in to have a sniff. We're going to Minneapolis in two weeks, and might go to the Mall of America while we're there. If we do, we'll be stopping at the B&BW and Yankee stores.

    I think it's the Pumpkin Caramel Latte that I would probably get.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete