Friday, April 20, 2012

L'Occitane Body Lotion

 A company called L'Occitane sent me a bottle of their Verbena Body Lotion recently.  I'd never heard of this company before seeing a YouTuber talk about in one of her videos.  She said she'd been so fond of the sample sizes in a bed and breakfast place she'd stayed at that she had to visit the nearby boutique and buy some to take home.  I looked them up online and found they are a French company but have boutiques all over the world.  (None near my, like all good things.  *sigh*)  I contacted them and asked if they ever sent out samples, and they sent me a whole dang bottle.  Nice!

 As mentioned, this is the Verbena Body Lotion.  The label is so cool because it appears to have Braille on it.  Maybe it's not, but that's the impression I get.  I haven't done any research to see what it might say.  (Can you see the dots on there?)

The bottle itself is rather cool too, definitely not like any others I have.  There is sort of an old fashioned feel about it.  It is a slightly squeezable clear plastic, with a leaf shape on each side.  Everything on the bottle is in French first, English second.  So one side says Verveine under the leaf and the other side says Verbena.  The gray top at first looks like an old fashioned metal screw cap but it is a plastic flip top.  I just might hang onto this bottle after the lotion is gone, just to look pretty on a shelf somewhere.

As for the lotion . . . I *love* this stuff.  The scent, being verbena, is obviously lemony.  It's not a fake lemon cleaner type.  There is more of a 'green' note, but also reminds me of lemonade in it's sweetness.  And it's quite strongly scented.  Not overpowering, but you definitely smell it for a while after applying it. 

Described on the website as a lightweight lotion, I would say it has a medium consistency but yes, does feel light on the skin.  It's spreads very easy and absorbs super quick.  There is no greasy after-feel.  Even using it on my hands has been wonderful, and I usually have thicker, heavier lotions for that.

This 8.4 oz. bottle sells for $25.00 on the L'Occitane website.  I couldn't believe they'd sent me a whole bottle to try for free!  There are many other things on their site that I'd love to try but they are quite pricey, so I'll have to make a wish list and hope for generous gift givers.  lol

I would really like to thank L'Occitane for providing me with the opportunity to try this product.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I'd heard it was high-end boutique and coming from France, but I am impressed and really do like it.

Are you familiar with L'Occitane?  What products have you tried?  I'd love to hear about it!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome of them, sounds like a great scent too. I've admired them from afar mostly, except for getting a few travel-sized creams in a gift set. I remember a shea hand cream and a tin labeled 100% shea that were both really nice. And I've sniffed a few of their perfumes at a salon I used to go to that carried their products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool that you've come across them. I'm in such a small town, rural area . . . pretty much just the common, basic brands and things show up around here.

    I want to look in Minneapolis or at the Mall of America when we go to our Vikings game this fall. It's always fun to pop into the Lush store there when we go.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really nice. And the scent is very bright and cheery for spring/summer. I'm still tickled that they sent a whole bottle!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting, Anonymous. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is braille and it says "verbena body lotion".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool. Thanks for clarifying. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete