Friday, April 20, 2012

Quest For Face Cream - Update

You might remember my post last month about my quest for a new, more natural face cream.  (Read that post HERE.)  Well, I think I've found one that I like.  At the end of that other post I had mentioned Burt's Bees would probably be the next one I tried, but when I'd next gone shopping I had noticed Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer.  Hmmm, what's this?  And it was slightly cheaper than the Burt's Bees product I had in my hand.

The packaging states that there are 'No harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes, phthalates' in this product.  It also says it is a 'daily moisturizer fortified with vitamins B, C, E, and anti-oxidant omega bionutrients for healthier, younger looking skin.'  It is 97% naturally derived.


I have been using this product for a bit over two weeks now and have not had any problems.  I have combination skin, leaning more towards oily.  My skin is not sensitive.  This is a medium consistency moisturizer, will not run off your finger but  is still thin enough to spread easily.  It is light and absorbs quickly, with no greasiness or residue.  Although it does list fragrance in the ingredients, it is a very light, barely there scent, sort of clean and citrusy.  I have not had any irritation from using this, no break outs, no excessive oiliness.  I have not had any dryness or flakiness.  This feels very light on my skin.  It is much more natural than any of the other things I'd been using and although I'm cheap and hate to pay more than I have to, this does seem to be among the most affordable of the natural face products I have looked at.  (This 3 oz. tube was $12.97 at Walmart.) 

I still want to try Burt's Bees, but I will wait until I find a coupon or see a sale.  Until then, I think I am content with this moisturizer from Neutrogena Naturals.

So what are YOU using on your face?  Do you worry much about the ingredients?  I'm curious.

4 comments:

  1. I use either the Olay Complete or the Clinique Dramatically Different. The Clinique was a gift and when it runs out I probably won't repurchase (kinda pricey). The Olay is good, though. I don't really worry about the ingredients much, but I should start. I know there are a ton of chemicals that I should avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you say about not worrying about ingredients is funny because I've been thinking recently that I'm stressing myself out more NOW in trying to find better options than any damage those deadly chemicals were probably doing anyway! I've been thinking about doing a post about that. hehe

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried just pure aloe vera gel? I find it's the best - lightest and probably cheapest - moisturiser I've tried thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had never thought of that. Hmm. Do people really do that?

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete