Saturday, May 12, 2012

Country Living (Kmart) Tarts

I don't go to Kmart very often but ended up there the other day.  They've always been severely lacking in their tarts selection, having only two or three scents of some round tarts that I'm not fond of.  Imagine my surprise that day when I noticed they'd pretty much completely overhauled the whole candle area of the store!

They have tarts now!

Ohhh, I was so excited I would have thrown old ladies out of the way to get to these waxy little gems.  And I was even more excited to see they had a fairly decent amount of scents to choose from!  The website shows nine scents, and I'm pretty sure they were all in my store.
  • Cinnamon Vanilla
  • Papaya Guava
  • Cotton Blossom
  • Raspberry Pomegranate
  • Jasmine Honeysuckle
  • Sweet Pea
  • Macintosh Apple
  • Gourmet Spice
  • Grandma's Sugar Cookies
I chose Grandma's Sugar Cookies.  There is no scent description on the package or the website.  Hubby and I think it smells like cake, which is ok because that's yummy too.  It's a sweet scent, sort of vanilla-y and a bit buttery, like warm cookie dough or like mixing up cake batter.  It has a medium-to-strong scent throw, enough to softly scent the whole downstairs of my house but not so pungent that it overpowers.  It's like someone is baking, not like you have a sickly sweet candle perfuming the place.  I like it.

These are Country Living brand tarts, come in the typical six cube clam shell packaging (2.6 oz), and cost $1.99.  I only bought this one pack because I wanted to test them first, see how strong they are.  I think the Walmart tarts are still a bit stronger, but I would definitely buy these Kmart tarts again.  I would like to have the Gourmet Spice one for this fall.  And maybe they'll have other fun seasonal scents!  *excited*

(I also noticed, on the other side of the aisle, that they had Jolly Rancher scented tarts.  How fun is that??  They only had two scents when I was there but it looked like they were making space for more.  I'll have to keep an eye on that.)

Have you tried Kmart's Country Living tarts?  What did you think of them?

4 comments:

  1. I was sooo excited to see that KMart had the wax tarts. I got the raspberry pomegranate one and love it!!! i now have the sweet pea on in my burner. And the best part was they were on sale for $1.49

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last two times I've been into Kmart (which isn't often) they've been having a Buy One, Get One 50% Off sale on all wax and accessories. I haven't bought anything because I was getting so many tarts online, but after a recent string of bad luck I'm thinking I need to revisit Kmart and see if the sale is still on.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. These wax melts are the best ever BUT everytime I go to buy some thier gone.Not impressed with the service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish Kmart would restock their shelves more often too. When I was looking for the Christmas scents I always saw the empty spots on the shelves where they would be, but never actually saw any there.

      ~Deb

      Delete