Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gracie Jo's - Tarts

And yet another tart shop that I found through YouTube videos is Gracie Jo's Candles & Soaps.  I had just placed all those orders for coffee tarts before remembering I wanted to try this shop, so at that point I wondered 'Do I really want more coffee scents??'  As I browsed the site I noticed a Grab Bag option.  For $10 you get 15-20 random tarts, and free shipping.  Hmmm!  This would be a fun way to not only try a new shop, but also some new scents . . . possibly some I'd never have considered choosing on my own.

When I received my order yesterday, I was excited to find the stuffed pink bag pictured above.  I was like a kid at Christmas as I pulled out tart after tart . . .

Yay!  I actually received 21 tarts but two are the same, so I received 20 *scents.*  They are in sealed bags, and I don't really want to open them until I'm ready to use them.  I will do a quick list of what I got, and the scent descriptions from the website, but it would take forever to try and also describe the scents myself.  So here we go . . .
  • 2 Lavender Vanilla - A nice floral blend of lavender flowers with a background of vanilla.
  • Fig Biscotti - The aroma of a classic Italian treat, without having to turn on the stove.
  • Tuiti Fruitti - A strong blend spices and fruit.
  • Spiced Eggnog - (no description found)
  • Hazelnut Coffee - A fresh brewed cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer added.
  • Cherries In The Snow - Tart yet sweet blend of wild cherries and buttercream frosting
  • Strawberry Cheesecake - The wonderful aroma of cheesecake topped with juicy strawberries.
  • Bayberry Mint - Traditional bayberry mellowed out with a hint of mint.
  • Mulled Cider - A spicy bouquet of apple, clove, orange, and cinnamon top notes with a sweet musky back note.
  • April Fresh - Exceptionally soft, fresh, and static-free. This fragrance will make you think you just washed your sheets every day of the week! 
  • Satin Serenade - Floral bouquet on a woody background sweetened by vanilla.
  • Cinnamon Bun - A spicy cinnamon accord with warm nutty undertones along with the aroma of fresh baked bread.
  • Sweet Pea - An English garden reminiscent of hyacinth, lily of the valley, violets and wild jasmine with a background of light herbal and musky notes.
  • Baby Powder - Reminiscent of Johnson's Baby powder scent.
  • Ozone Woods - A fresh herbal greenery blend. Nice scent for mixing.
  • Caribbean Holiday -  (no description found)
  • Blueberry Muffin - The aroma of a freshly baked blueberry muffin. Top notes of juicy tart blueberries with orange zests, middle notes of butter cake and base notes of vanilla and almond.
  • Amber Cardamom - A well rounded blend of amber and cardamom. Very strong scent throw.
  • Mint Julep - (no description found)
  • Sweet Orange Chili Pepper - A sassy, saucy combination of valencia orange, sparkling bergamot, tangerine zest, tart cassis, orange juice, neroli, ground pepper, fiery chili pepper and sheer musk.
As you can maybe see in the picture, there are many shapes and styles of tarts available at Gracie Jo's.  There are several packaging options too, as well as other products like candles, warmers, oils, incense, and ever bath and body products.  There are also fun things to do on the website such as enter contests and chit chat on the forum.  I'm looking forward to working my way through all these samples! 

If there are any tarts in the list above that you'd like a better description of, just let me know.

Now, have YOU tried Gracie Jo's yet?


5 comments:

  1. Gracie Jo is the best! You should definitely try all of her products. You wont be disappointed. Great blog post, glad you gave her goods a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Anonymous!

    I wish there was an option to buy individual, full sized tarts. (If there is, I missed it.) A lot of the ones I tried from the grab bag seemed too small/too weak to get a strong throw. But I also don't want to commit to a big bag of something or multiples of something if they really are too weak for my liking.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a scalloped tart option as well as 1 and 2 oz shots available. You can find these under soy tart melts on the left hand side. Her products are also available on eBay and yardsellr and if you're looking for something specific (6 of one kind, 1 each of the other...or something) just email her and she's always happy to post a private auction so you get just what you're looking for.

    She has incredible customer service and her tarts are amazing, they burn clean and are very fragrant with a great throw (hard to tell with just a single tart shape in the warmer as it needs at least 2-4 to get an accurate experiences) But the sampler pack is definitely a great way to try out the quality of her products. A scalloped tart or 1 of the shots (1 or 2 oz) is enough to fill any of the rooms in my home--sometimes two or three rooms depending on the scent.

    Also if you haven't had a chance to try her bath/body products yet...they're GREAT! If you have a tendency to have rough heels or elbows, her solid lotion bar is Uh-MAZ-ing!! Seriously, my husband and I fight over it nightly and I'm just waiting till I get a chance to place my next order to get him his own. Her lip balm smells incredible and is very moisturizing as well. Also I have heard nothing but great things about the rest of her product line.

    I don't work for Gracie, I don't get a kick back for referrals or anything like that, but I did want to share with you my experience using her great products because they're incredible and I personally think that a well smelling home (yummier smelling, not that it normally stinks, but just more fragrant smells if that makes sense?) is more welcoming and inviting, not only to guests, but to our family as it shows them I care enough to pick scents they enjoy and it helps to fill our home with love. I'm glad you found Gracie Jo's Candles because they are of very high quality and are very reasonably priced made by one of the kindest, generous women I know (I met her through placing orders on her website--I don't want you to think I'm just saying all this stuff because she's a friend, although she is, her stuff is incredible (as you've seen a small sample of) It truly is an unbiased review of her products which I have never seen such quality at such low prices from someone who genuinely cares about what she is doing)

    -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb,
    I hope you are having a wonderful 4th of July :)
    I just wanted to stop by and give a big "Thank You" for writing such a great blog about the sampler grab bag of tarts you ordered from us. I think Robin's reply pretty much summed it up when describing a really nice scent throw. We created the sampler bags to give our buyers more of an idea of what some of the scents smell like that they may not normally order. This was requested by several of our regular customers. I normally staple a little note to each bag telling our buyers that these are for sample purposes only and they would not get a normal, strong scent throw out of one little sample. If I did not send you the note, I sincerely apologize. But yes, Robin is correct, you will get a really great scent throw with a normal (1 or 2 oz) sized tart, depending on scent preferences. Keeping in mind, some scents are a lot stronger than others. ;)
    I hope the samples were enough to give you an idea of what the scents would be like in full size tarts and I hope to hear from you again in the future.
    If you ever have any questions or just want to chat, you can reach me at graciejoscandles@gmail.com or on facebook. I would love to hear from you.
    Many thanks for this wonderful blog.
    Hugs,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Robin - and thanks for the info. I have seen the scent cups but had not seen any single scalloped tarts. If I could buy one scalloped tart of each scent I'd like to try that would be awesome! I'll have to go back and look. I've only seen the packs of scallops.

    Hello, Gracie! I will definitely be giving the site another look as I start to buy fall/holiday scents. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete