Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Petals Bath Boutique - Foaming Sugar Scrub

When I posted last night about my latest little haul from Petals Bath Boutique, I was a little iffy about the foaming sugar scrub.  I had tried a regular sugar scrub from this shop last summer and was disappointed because it was the dry and crumbly type, and I prefer mine more moist and workable.  Lately though, I'd been looking at the scrubs again and the pictures made them seem much more like what I was looking for.  Then I noticed some of them were now 'foaming' sugar scrubs and I decided to go for it.

My first impression was not good when I opened the shipping package and found this jar with the top completely off yet nothing had leaked out or spilled anywhere.  I should be glad, I know, but at the same time that instantly told me this was another of the dry type consistency scrubs.  When I touched it though, it was moist and sort of spongy.  I didn't know what to think!  Ah well, I figured, I'll give it a try anyway, and made a mental note to stop ordering scrubs from this shop.

But wait!

I used it this morning and instantly fell in love.  Oh my gosh!  It actually scoops out quite easily, stays quite solid on your fingers (not crumbling all over the shower), and feels slightly squishy.  As soon as you start spreading it on your skin and the water hits it, it becomes a creamy lather with very fine sugar to gently massage and exfoliate.  The lather lasts and lasts, and the sugar does not dissolve in the first few seconds.  And I think a little will go a long way.  I'm pretty sure I used way more than I needed to.  It rinsed away easily, did not leave my skin feeling greasy, and the tub did not get slippery as scrubs often tend to make it.

Oohhh, this was so nice, and so easy to use.  The scent was strong in the shower and lingered on my skin for a while but was gone within an hour or so.  That's fine for me because I have so many scented lotions and body sprays that I use, and I don't rely on my soaps to provide my scent for the day.  I did not use any other soap before or after this product, and I still feel nice and clean.

I got the Honey Mint Vanilla scent and LOVE it.  Described as 'Sweet golden Honey made fresh with crisp and invigorating notes of Peppermint and creamy Vanilla,' this is really strong and reminds me of candy canes.  I love it!  If she has this in other products, I will be ordering!  As for scrubs in other scents, it looks like it's always changing in her shop.  What you see available today, and what's available tomorrow might be completely different.  I'm not sure if you can choose a scent and she'll make the product for you.  I should ask.  Hmm.

Now, for the all-natural lovers, I'm pretty sure this foaming scrub comes from a pre-made base  It contains some things I can't pronounce.  I understand that a big part of the reason people prefer the handmade community is because you can get more natural products.  When I started buying handmade products I used to feel cheated if I found something was made from a base.  It doesn't bother me as much anymore.  My feelings about ingredients have become a mixed bag lately.  But that's a whole 'nother post waiting to be written!

Back to the happy side!

Kia's foaming sugar scrubs come in recyclable plastic jars, with gorgeous labels.  You get 4 oz. and they sell for $5.99 in her Etsy shop.  She also makes fabulous cold process soaps, beautiful bubble bars and bath bombs, and roll-on perfume oils.  Shipping is fast and you always get a little handmade thank you card and some samples with your order.  Customer service is excellent but sometimes it takes a bit to hear back from her.  She is a one woman show after all, and also has a family to take care of.

I love Petals Bath Boutique and highly encourage you to visit the shop today!  If you already have, what did you order?  I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

  1. OMG. I love a sugar scrub I got in my BeautyFix winter box -- I would definitely LOVE to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely should try this! Or the regular scrub. Or her soaps. Or anything in her shop because they're all great. LOL

    I love your blog, by the way. I don't get any of the boxes but I like seeing what everyone else got. Oh, wait, I should be getting my first Crabebox today. And I have tried Eco-Emi and Birchbox, but in general, no, I don't get any anymore.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete