Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Petals Bath Boutique

Petals Bath Boutique (formerly known as Beacon Creations) is a shop that I've known for a long time now, and have ordered from a few times.  It's only been recently though that I've rediscovered those soaps I bought last spring and fall, and have fully realized how much I love them.  I've been doing pretty good with not buying soaps as I try to work through what I already have . . . my stash is now small enough that it all fits in one basket . . . but when I saw that Kia had some mini bars available in tons of different scents, I just had to get some.

Honeybee Harvest is described as 'Bergamot and Sweet Orange balanced with Golden Honey Nectar, Crunchy Toffee bits and light musk,' and is a dupe of Lush's Honey I Washed The Kids.  I don't even know how to describe this scent.  It is sweet and something else, maybe that musk?  I'm not familiar with the actual Lush scent so I can't say how close this dupe is, but I quite like this one.  And this particular soap is one of a few goat milk soaps that Kia does.

Black Cap Berry might be a new scent.  Well, at least I don't remember seeing this one before.  And look how gorgeous those swirls are.  The scent is described as 'Black Raspberries intermingled with touches of Cassis and Grapefruit supported with creamy Vanilla and Raspberry Musk,' this one smells so yummy.  It's a light, pretty berry scent.  There is a faint floral note, and just a touch of vanilla rolling around in there.

Cotton Breeze is the type of scent I don't usually go for but since I don't remember seeing this one in her shop before I decided to give it a try.  It's described as 'A fresh and subtly sweet blend of Jasmine, Violet and Gardenia with a sparkle of Lemon Zest on a dry down of Vanilla,' and this is hubby's favorite of the bunch.  It's another hard one to explain.  It is floral, which I usually don't like, but there is also a bright sweetness to it, probably the lemon.  It's a fresh, happy, clean scent.

Madcap Life is another one I don't remember ever seeing in her shop.  Described as 'An alluring unisex fragrance with top notes of Oakmoss and sensuous Sandalwood supported by Tonka Bean and fresh Citrus on a base of precious Amber and soft musk,' I get the sandalwood and musk in this one but neither are overpowering, as they often can be.  It's actually a rather light scent.  It's nice, and hubby likes it.

Southern Belle is absolutely gorgeous, and I think might be another new one in the shop.  Described as 'A delightful blend of Lemon, Grapefruit, Peach Nectar, Raspberry, Pink Tulip, Soft Jasmine, Magnolia, Wild Honeysuckle, and Sheer Musk,' I wasn't sure how I'd like it since there are so many florals in there.  The fruits outweigh the florals though, making this a scent as pretty as the soap itself.

These mini bars weigh approximately 1.5 oz. and sell for $1.30 in the Petals Bath Boutique shop at Etsy.  Full sized bars weigh 4.5-5 oz and sell for $5.50.

I had asked Kia if there were any mini bars in the Mint Leaf Tea scent, and she said no but she could include a sample size.  I'm so glad she did because I really REALLY like this one.  Described as 'A herbaceous and sweet smelling aromatic blend of Peppermint, Spearmint and Rosemary essential oils,' this is a sweet mint scent that is soooo yummy.  It's not a sharp minty smell.  No, just think of Doublemint chewing gum. 

She also included a sample of Lavender Martini, which I think she said is a new one coming.  This one is described as 'Fresh and effervescent with top notes of tangy lemon zests, orange, and carbonation; followed by middle notes of spicy bergamot, mint, and lavender; sitting on a base note of rosewood.'  At first I wanted to say it just smelled like soap, like a generic sort of store bought soapy scent.  After coming back to it and sniffing it again, I do get the lavender and the 'carbonation,' and maybe a hint of the mint, but everything else is blended together subtly.

I also received a sample of Malzbier, which I've had in sample form before.  It is described as 'A true to life fragrance as refreshing as a cold mug of Rootbeer soda right down to the bubbles and frothy top,' and yeah, it's a fun Root Beer scent.

(Apologies for the crappy picture.)
And finally, I decided to try the foaming sugar scrub.  I'd tried the regular sugar scrub last fall and did not like it all because it much to dry and crumbly for my liking.  Since then, I knew that Kia had closed the shop for a while and sort of reinvented some things, and from looking at the photos it looked like maybe the scrubs had been reformulated or something.  This one was a *foaming* sugar scrub, and when I saw the yummy sounding Honey Mint Vanilla, I knew I had to try it.  I *LOVE* this scent.  Love it!  It's a soft and sweet minty scent, kinda reminding me of candy canes.  I've already messaged Kia, asking if she has this scent in bar soap form because I need it.  LOL  As for the scrub itself, I have not used it yet but let's just say that when I opened the shipping box I found this jar with the shrink sealed cover completely off, and nothing had spilled or leaked out.  That's how solid this is.  It does not feel as dry and crumbly as that other scrub I had, so this will be quite interesting when I do try it the first time.

Foaming sugar scrubs are 4 oz. and sell for $5.99 in the Petals Bath Boutique shop.

Kia also makes bath bombs, bubble bars, and perfume oils.  She will be restocking lotions soon.  I love this shop.  Everything always looks so pristine and professional, from the photos of the products, to the gorgeous labels, to the products themselves.  There is always a cute little handmade thank you card included in your order.  Shipping is fast, and customer service is awesome.  And her soaps are freakin' fabulous!

If you haven't tried Petals Bath Boutique, I highly suggest you get over there.  NOW.  (And let me know what your favorites are!)

4 comments:

  1. I was eyeing Mint Tea too, my favorite mint soap had a peppermint/spearmint combo. It was potent and what I imagine a mint liqueur would smell like.

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a hard time keeping myself from ordering a bunch of full size bars. My stash isn't quite small enough yet for me to start shopping in earnest again. LOL!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I know how that is. I'm looking at Abe's Market despite my better judgement because they have free shipping today. (Sweet Sally's is on there, I'm eyeing some Revive soap and felted soap.)

    Btw going on vacation seemed to help my skin get back to normal, I'm not having the sensitivities I was before. I think it was from eating better (I don't cook much). So I'm keeping my groaning to myself from now on! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been LOVING that Honey Mint Vanilla scrub. But still . . . I've been ordering more tarts lately than bath products. I guess that's okay, because at least they are cheaper and get used up faster. LOL

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete