Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rediscovering Moeggenborg Sugar Bush

I have ordered from Moeggenborg Sugar Bush a few times, but it's been in forcing myself to work through my current stash of soap that I've rediscovered how much I enjoy their soap.  This particular bar is over a year old and is the Honey, Oats & Milk soap.  Ahhh, yes, my traditional favorite.  I don't know what happened to my original picture from back when I received it so I snapped a quick pic the other day after using this and remembering why I love the Moeggenborg shop.

This is a goat milk soap, and it does contain honey and ground oatmeal, but it's the fragrance oil scent of Oatmeal, Milk & Honey that I love so much.  It's sweet, and so comforting and 'homey.'

Even though this particular bar has been sitting for over a year, it still looks just as gorgeous as the day I received it, still smells just as wonderful, and it probably works BETTER than if I'd have used it right away back then.  This thing explodes into a long lasting, rich, luxurious lather.  You know I love lather!!  I think the oatmeal could be a bit more finely ground but it wasn't too horrible.  My skin feels soft and hydrated without a greasy feeling residue.  I just love it.

Moeggenborg Sugar Bush cold process goat milk soaps weigh at least 4 oz. and sell for $4.00.  Soap maker Mary used to have 'bitty bars' available, 1+ oz. sample soaps for $1.50, and she used to have the occasional cupcake soap too but I don't see any at the moment.

This is not just a soap shop though. Oh no! One of my other favorite things about this place is that Mary also makes tarts.  While there is not as big of a selection as regular tart shops, there is enough variety that I usually have no problem finding a scent I'll like.  You get a 6-pack of these 'grubby' tarts for $3.50.  And if you prefer candles, there are plenty of those to choose from too.  We had a carrot cake scented candle burning just the other day.

And there are so many other fun things on Moeggenborg website . . . from soaps and bath fizzies, to tarts and candles, to 'prim' lighting and pantry items (mixes, coffee, fudge!) and even customized knitted Christmas stockings!  They also have an Etsy shop, but I do believe the personal website is more fully stocked.

Although my soap stash is not quite as small as I'd have liked it before I started ordering again, I think I might break my own rule and order a few things from Moeggenborg Sugar Bush.  If you're not familiar with this shop, I really do think you should give them a try.

*pauses while you browse the shop*

Well, what were some new favorites that YOU found?

2 comments:

  1. Deb, thank you so much for the lovely writeup. I have gotten so far behind on my blog reading (and posting) that I almost missed this. We also have a spate of summer birthdays, not to mention graduations. And the grandkids! Somehow in the last 7 years, we sprouted 6 of them. God's best invention yet. LOL!
    Thank you again. Can't wait until you start making soap again. tee hee!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have urges to get back into soap making. But then I just order from someone else and the urge goes away. LOL!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete