Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tarts Blurb

While at Walmart this morning I noticed several new tarts from Scentsationals.  The packaging and style reminded me of the Mother's Day line so at first I thought these were geared towards Father's Day, but I think they might just be a sort of summer theme.  I did not buy any because I'd just received my order from The Bathing Garden the other day, but I did smell each one and scribble down a list to share.

  • Maid Up - It said something about smelling like your mother cleaned up after you even when she didn't, and there was a picture of a girl holding cleaning supplies, so I suppose it's meant to smell clean and fresh.  Nothing in particular came to mind when I sniffed it.
  • Chillaxin' - A typical eucalyptus and mint blend that was nice, and would be good for me now as I battle a horrible summer cold.
  • Date Nite - Said something about exotic spices and frankincense.  I actually kinda like this one, which was surprising because I haven't been thrilled with other frankincense scents.
  • Seriously - A mandarin and tangerine blend that has a sort of effervescent nip to it.
  • Hangin' Out - Plum, blackberry, wild currant blend that didn't do much for me.  Seemed a bit weak and blah, but I was also in a bit of a hurry.
  • Happy Hour - Coconut, pinapple, and sugared berry mix . . . and I *loved* this one!  Very sweet and tropical.
  • Cookie Fix - The description said it was vanilla and butter and a shot of chocolate milk.  I liked this one because it was like sweet, warm cookies.  I didn't notice any chocolate specifically.  Just a yummy bakery scent.
And then there was one from the regular Scentsationals line but it was one I haven't seen there before.  It was called Mountain Twilight and the description was something about a cool breeze over pine and aspen.

I really wanted to buy Happy Hour and Cookie Fix but I talked myself out of it because, like I said, I just got that other order a few days ago. I have gone crazy on tarts before, and probably will again when the fall and holiday scents start coming out, but in general I'm trying to keep my stash small and reasonable.  I actually find it uncomfortable at times to watch the endless haul videos from some of the YouTube scent lovers.  Seriously, some of these people have YEARS worth of tarts and keep buying more and more and more.  And they tend to get more in one order than the size of my entire stash!  It's crazy!  So I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about wanting to buy those two this morning, but I just couldn't do it.

Since I mentioned those Bathing Garden tarts, I wanted to also mention that I was horribly disappointed in the Blackberry Jam & Lemon Curd one I'd been so anxious to try.  I melted it this morning, and smelled NOTHING.  I thought maybe I'd notice it when I came back into the house after being gone shopping, as had happened with the ones from my previous order, but nope.  Nothing.  Even sniffing the cold wax after that first melt, I couldn't smell anything.  So, in a near panic that my first impression of this shop was true after all, I've popped a different scent into my other warmer and am greatly relieved to find that this one is plenty strong.  *phew*  Even so, if there is another failure from this bunch, I think I might be done with The Bathing Garden.  I soooooo wanted to love this shop, and I made that second order slightly against my better judgement, so we'll see.

Besides, I'm dying to place a huge order from Kim's Tarts.  LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I made a batch of candles for a customer while she was in the shop. After I poured the candles I let her take a sniff. She said it smelled like wax, not like the rose scent I had made. I just could not figure out the problem until I noticed that my container of scented oil was still sitting on the shelf by my candle pot. LOL! That may be what happened with that tart you couldn't smell. We ladies of a certain age sometimes misplace our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! That's funny. Sadly, that's not the case with this one though, because I could smell it when I first received the package. :(

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete