Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cravebox - July 2012

My second Cravebox arrived today.  WOOT!!  I've been good and did not look online to see what was coming in this box.  They don't actually tell you but they do give clues, and some people receive them a bit earlier than others.  I think it's more fun to be surprised.

This month's box is Summer BBQ themed.  The info card was there on top of a patriotic mix of red, white, and blue crinkle paper.  Summery indeed.  I hate summer, but I have to admit, this was a fun start to the box.

And these were the goodies inside the box.  Let's take a closer look, shall we?

There is a bag of Mighty Leaf iced tea in Sunburst Green Tea flavor, and a coupon for $1.75 off a box.  I've never heard of Mighty Leaf, or just haven't paid attention because I'm not a tea drinker, but it looks like there are four different flavors.  It's been so dang hot here lately that I might actually make up this pitcher of iced tea.

There is also a coupon for a free Bic multi-purpose lighter.  This is awesome because I use this type of lighter for my tea light tart warmers.

I'm excited about this!  It's a box of lemonade, in those single serve packets that you can just dump into a bottle of water and shake up.  I usually avoid these types of things because they are nothing but artificial sweeteners and chemicals.  I work in a fruit juice factory . . . I see what goes into Kraft/Crystal Light mixes.  But this one is 100% natural, and has a very short list of ingredients.  And I love lemonade.  The brand must be True Lemon . . . ?  I've never heard of this.  Haven't seen it either, but again, I usually don't pay attention to these types of mixes.  I'll have to look into this one more, see if they have other flavors.

This was an interesting little package to pull out of the box.  It is a 48 piece appetizer set from Mozaik.  There are 12 of the white, and 12 clear little plastic plates, and 24 tiny little forks.  The plates are only about two inches, and the forks are rather lightweight plastic.  These would have been cute to have at Casey's graduation party . . . put some olives or little pickles or a spoonful of dip or something on them.  We rarely entertain though, so I'm not sure what I'll do with these now.  I'll probably pass them on to someone who can use them.

And finally, this Flame Disk from Bic.  It is a single use tray thing that you use in your grill instead of charcoal.  Apparently you just light one of the holes and it lights the rest of itself and heats up just like charcoal, but without the hassle.

And when you're done and it's cooled, you just toss the whole thing out . . . no mess, no cleanup.  Hubby will be interested in this since he likes to grill.

So, this Summer BBQ box was quite fun.  If you're not familiar with Cravebox it is a monthly subscription box that has a wide range of product areas.  Where some monthly services are beauty based, this is more of an everyday living based type thing.  I think it's $10 a month, and the things your get are often full sized products so you are getting more than your money's worth.  And you never know what you're going to get!  This is my second box and I've enjoyed them both.  I can't wait to see what types of things will be in the fall and holiday boxes!

9 comments:

  1. This is such a great subscription box, I'll have to look into this after we move. It seems reasonably priced too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lot of fun so far. The boxes I saw before I finally nabbed a subscription looked really good too. There are so many beauty boxes out there but for someone like me, who doesn't wear makeup and is very low maintenance, this type of everyday living box is so much more fitting.

    Where are you moving to, Heather? Well, not specifically...lol... but in the same area? Or back to where you were? Did I miss a video somewhere?

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! This sounds like a really cool subscription and the price is awfully nice. Did you make the tea? I've seen commercials for the True Lemon things. I'd never heard of the flame disks--that sounds pretty handy. Sweet about the Bic coupon. Yay, hope next month is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't made the tea yet. The True Lemon comes in other flavors too but I keep forgetting to look when I'm shopping. The lemonade that I got is pretty good, a little more sharp and bitter than the good ol' Kool Aid or Country Time that I'm used to. Haven't used the flame disk yet either.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still waiting for my box, but based on the date of this post it looks like it should be here in the next couple of days. Do you know what shipping speed these services use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, don't know about that but now I see that it's almost time for the August Cravebox and I just really excited. I haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything yet though. Hmmm.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wait, did you mean you signed up for Cravebox too?

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete