Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sweet Fixations Tarts

Sweet Fixations is a tart shop I found out about from watching haul videos on YouTube.  I thought I was content with the couple of tart sources I've been using, and price really is a huge factor for me when it comes to this.  Very recently though, I've been bored . . . and boredom is dangerous for me because I tend to browse and then 'Ah what the heck'-shop online.  Lately I've also been frustrated that it seems like most shops do not sell just single tarts.  If I'm trying out a new shop, or a new scent, I don't want to have to commit to a big package.  What if it's weak?  What if I just hate the scent?  It's not like going to Walmart and being able to actually sniff the tarts and have an idea how strongly scented they are.

So anyway, I had looked at the Sweet Fixations site several times before it all smacked me in the face . . . custom blends, comparable prices, and single tarts available!  And in my heatwave induced coma of boredom I decided to go for it, and placed a tiny order just to see what these tarts would be like.

Banana Caramel Cupcake - 'Vanilla cupcake mixed with bananas, caramel, cinnamon and topped with cream cheese frosting.'  When I saw this one in the scent list I just knew I had to have it.  This was my absolute favorite scent from one of my favorite shops, but I haven't had it for a while.  I don't think they're quite the same, there is more banana in this one, but it still smells soooo yummy.  Can't wait to melt this one!

Blue Hawaii - 'Tropical fruity drink with juicy orange, pineapple, lemon,cherries, rum and coconut.'  I wanted something summery, and one of the videos I'd watched had this one so I took a chance.  Hubby likes to smell the tarts without knowing what they are first, just to see if he can identify them.  His immediate reaction to this one was 'There's coconut in there!'  (He's not fond of coconut, the food OR the scent.)  I mainly get the coconut and the rum when I sniff this one.  There is a sort of cherry/almond-y note in there, and the mix of fruits is subtle and not individually detectable.  I like it but it might run along the 'too sweet' lines.

Pink Cherries - '(SF Blend)- One of my faves! Pink Sugar and Cherries!'  I also received some freebies, which is always super exciting to me.  This one was so funny because I'm pretty sure I had this in my 'cart' at one point and then removed it before finally placing the order.  I don't know if she can see that, or if it's just coincidence but I'm happy to have gotten this!  It's an interesting one, definitely Pink Sugar, and then an extra bit of candy-like sweetness from the cherry.  I like it, but then I'm a Pink Sugar fan and I know a lot of people really don't like it.  This is a sweet perfume-y scent.

Lime Frosting'(SF Blend)- Vanilla lime and creamy frosting.'  This was another freebie, and is a smaller size, probably normally part of a multi-pack.  There is a sort of fizzy note to this, which is funny because nothing about the description would indicate there is fizziness involved.  It's much heavier on the lime than anything else, but there is a soft sweetness in the background.  It reminds me of Kool Aid or Jello.  This is a nice, bright and fun scent for summer.

Sweet Fixations has several styles of tarts to choose from.  The single scallop tarts I ordered weigh right around one ounce and cost $1.25 each.  Sniffing the ones I got, I'm pretty sure that melting just half at a time will give me a strong enough scent.  I'm thrilled with that, if it works.  Shipping was super fast!  I ordered on Friday afternoon and my package arrived in Monday morning's mail.  That is awesome!  The shipping envelope had some cute stickers on it, which is always a fun extra little touch.  And the extra tarts were a very pleasant bonus. 

Thank you, Sweet Fixations!  I'm quite sure I'll be ordering again, and am super anxious to see what fall/holiday scents will be coming!

Have YOU tried Sweet Fixations yet?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Don't forget to enter my July giveaway . . . HERE!
Your chance to win a Julep nail polish prize package worth
over $140
is just a simple comment-entry away!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, wow, so far I am all-around impressed with Sweet Fixations. I'm finally getting a chance to melt one of the tarts, and just using half of the tart I am thrilled to death with the scent strength and throw. I'm definitely going back for more!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new favorites! I can't remember the name of your previous favorite at the moment--oh wait, Country Home Scents? You're going to make them jealous ...

    Blue Hawaii sounds snifftastic. Coconut ftw!
    The lime one sounds interesting too.

    Holy quick turnaround time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love Country Home Scents but there is just something about their pricing and packaging that bugs me. I'd like to be able to just order single tarts, however many I want, and they just don't offer that. I used to consider them pricey too, but seeing what I'm spending in general at other shops, they are comparable. But I do still love CHS! :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete