Saturday, August 4, 2012

Glade & Renuzit Fall Yummies

So I was doing my weekly shopping at Walmart this morning and noticed an end display of Renuzit air fresheners that included some really dark labels.  Of course I had to pause and take a closer look.  The one that originally caught my eye was Red Velvet cake, and I thought 'Wow, we've come a long way in these things!'  LOL  But then I noticed other dark labels, noticed they were in fall colors, and noticed the word pumpkin . . .

WOOT!!!

Fall scents are starting to pop up and I couldn't be more excited.  I grabbed that pumpkin one and gave it a good sniff and then noticed an apple-cinnamon one too.  Heeeee!  I usually only get these gel air fresheners for Casey's room, and he's pretty generic in what he likes, so I decided I'd get one of each of these and they could go in the bathroom . . . one for October, one for November.  Tossed them into my cart, turned the corner and continued on down that aisle.  One side of that aisle is laundry soap, and the other side has all the Glade, Fabreze, Renuzit sprays and candles and whatnot.  I usually don't even give that side of the aisle a second glance.  As I turned to put my laundry soap in the cart, and I was now facing those things I rarely look at, my eyes fell on a label that read Maple Pumpkin.

What??

It was a small Glade candle.  It smelled soooooo good.  This too went into the cart, and then I did a quick scan of everything else and saw a few other fall scents in the different products.  I also noticed that in this section of the Renuzit gel air fresheners there was one called Autumn Apple Punch.  While apple-cinnamon scents do scream fall to me, this punch one had a little more to it.

Ok, so I got a Pumpkin Spice gel, and an Autumn Apple Punch gel.  They both say limited edition, but there is no scent description on the label and I can't find them on the Renuzit website.  Pumpkin Spice seems to be your typical pumpkin spice scent.  I don't really get the bakery notes of pie crust or anything like that.  It's more like sniffing the filling, all spiced and warm and waiting for some Cool Whip.  The Autumn Apple Punch is definitely an apple scent, and then a sort of tangy sweetness blending with some warm spices.  That picture on the label shows apples, oranges, cloves, and cinnamon.  It reminds me of sunny, crisp fall days.  Nice.

These were 97 cents each.  (Why is there no cents symbol?)

The Maple Pumpkin candle is from Glade, is 4 oz., and cost $2.50.  The packaging says 'Treat yourself this Fall.  The scent of Gourmet Maple Pumpkin is a decadent treat that only comes once a year.'  The container is a brown tinted, nice solid glass and the wax inside is an orange-brown color, with sort of a darker band of brown near the top.  Maple is the predominate scent in this one, with the pumpkin behind it, and a bit more of the crust-type notes in this than the other pumpkin scent.  This will go in the living room once we get closer to Thanksgiving.

And those were my exciting and unexpected finds this morning.  We are in August now, and fall is indeed creeping closer every day.  WOO and a HOO!!!!  My favorite time of year, in case you couldn't tell.

Do you love the fall season as much as I do?

5 comments:

  1. "WOO and a HOO!!!!" -- LOL!

    You're a fall slut.

    I might check out that candle at the Walmarts ....

    Yay for your surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked again next time I was there and found there is also a Blackberry Jam candle that smells quite nice. And there were one or two other in this line, but can't of think of them at the moment. I also got a coupon in the mail AFTER I'd bought the pumpkin one, for Buy 2 Get 1 Free. I'm going to wait a while and see what Christmas type ones they put out.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this post. While grocery shopping today I am grabbing maple pumpkin! heck yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and btw I am a huge fall lover. My wedding was a fall and pumpkin themed celebration lol. I have already started making decorations and posting on my blog about it. But for me fall starts in september and I go crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, as my sister said above, I am a fall slut. I freakin' love fall. Thanksgiving has taken over Christmas as my favorite holiday the last several years. I'm chomping at the bit for September 1 to get here so I can officially switch into fall mode.

    Did you get the candle? Did you get (or at least sniff) any of the others? Hehe! I'm excited.

    ~Deb <--dork

    ReplyDelete