Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mainstays (Walmart) 3-Wick - Pumpkin Spice

In a recent post I mentioned the first of the fall scents I'd noticed in Walmart's candles.  I had mentioned I was tempted to go back and grab one of the 3-wick bowls in Pumpkin Spice.  Around that same time I'd seen a YouTube video where someone showed their newly purchased triple scent jar candle . . . in pumpkin scents.  What???  So yeah, I had decided the next time I was in the store I would have to look for that sucker!

Well, I was there today and I did indeed find it.  Yay!  It was an 18 oz. jar candle in the Mainstays line, located right next to all the other Mainstays fall scents.  It costs only $5.98, and the three scents in it (it's layered) are Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Maple, and Pumpkin Bread.  Oh my gosh.  I grabbed it and put it in the cart.

And then reconsidered.

We really don't burn candles very often.  I already know the scent throw from the 3-wick bowls is awesome.  I don't, however, know how those layered jars are.  After debating for a while, I put the triple scented jar back and grabbed a 3-wick bowl in Pumpkin Spice.

This 11.5 oz. candle from the Walmart Mainstays line sells for $3.25.  That is an amazing price.  I've had one of these bowls in a different scent and was greatly impressed with the strong scent throw, and how effortlessly it burned.  As for this particular scent, it is fairly heavy on the spice but you do get that nice pumpkin note in there.  This is going to be sooooo nice come October or November.

I'm still considering getting one of the triple scent candles though.  LOL!  I'm hopeless.

Other triple scent (layered) candles I saw in this line today are Mulled Cider/Caramel Apple/Apple Butter ... Fresh Baked Cookies/Pumpkin Pie/Spice Cake ... Black Cherry/Tart Pomegranate/Raspberry Ripple.  I'm considering grabbing the apple mix one to melt during September.

What do you think?  Will YOU go grab some?

9 comments:

  1. The triple scent ones sound very cool! Hm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So which one are you going to get? hehe

    One of the YouTubers got Rhubarb Crumble tarts from Walmart today. I have never seen or heard of that one and can't even find it on the Scentsationals site! Sounds interestingly yummy though.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know--they all sound good. I think I'll go with the pumpkin or the apple one if I get one.

    That does sound interesting. (Rhubarb Crumble)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you see it in your Walmart, grab one for me!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need the apple one, the berry one, and the pumpkin one. My husband is gonna despise u! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - Just tell him it's way cheaper than Yankee!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the apple one and the pumpkin one. Yay! I also noticed the tart inventory is verrrrry slim pickings on the shelves now. I'm hoping it means they're getting ready to reload with fall scents, and not that they're phasing out the tarts. Doh!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete