Sunday, August 26, 2012

Palm Wax Update

In my post last night about Comforts of Home tarts, I was excited to be trying palm wax.  Unfortunately, it is not working so well in a tea light warmer.  This picture was taken after an hour of the tea light burning.  Not only was it barely melting, but it actually stuck to the bottom of the dish.  You can see on the left side where it sloshed over the edge when I tried to break the sticky thing free.

I left it in there, and when I looked again after about two hours of the tea light burning it was finally completely melted. Sadly though, I am getting absolutely no scent from this.  I don't know if it's just this particular scent or tart, or if it's the palm wax in general.

I only use tea light style warmers.  Maybe this wax would work better in a 24 watt hot plate style?  The only other tarts I've had non-melt problems with were from Candles By Victoria, which is another hard wax.

Oh well, bummer.  I probably won't even bother with the other two palm wax tarts I got.  I'll put them in a giveaway prize or add them to a swap box or something.

If you've used palm wax tarts, I'd love to hear about it.  What style warmer did you use?  Did they melt ok?  Was the scent throw/duration any different?


7 comments:

  1. Oh darn I was really interested to hear how they worked for you. I use scent warmers because I do not trust myself with a flame lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many light bulb style warmers that are SO cool looking, but I've resisted the urge to buy any because I'd have to relocate the place I melt tarts, and because they are the weakest kind.

    How many warmers do you have? You should post a pic of them on your blog. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not familiar with palm wax but I recently got a couple of palm wax tarts in a destash box. I haven't melted them yet but I was planning on using my tealight burner. I guess I'll try using my 24 watt burner instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious how it will be in the 24 watt. Hope you post about it on Facebook or YouTube . . . or just shoot me a message. If there is one you're not overly fond of, try it in the tea light anyway. I'm curious about that too, if it works for you and mine was just weird or what.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. The owner contacted me and wanted to send me a stronger bulb for my warmer, but I told her I only use tea light warmers. She assured me they usually melt just fine in bulb warmers. She also said they will be adding soy tarts to their site in the next couple months and would like to send me a replacement of the soy variety to make up for my unfortunate palm wax experience. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete