Friday, August 31, 2012

Rincon Scents - Tarts

 Ok, yeah, I know I said it gets boring just following the shopping trends on YouTube, but here I am doing it again.  Doh!  And like I need anymore tarts . . . *blush*  But anyway, this is a shop on Etsy called Rincon Scents, located in Puerto Rico.  When I browsed her shop and saw she had a Fall & Christmas Sampler, I grabbed it.  I'll just do a quick list and scent descriptions here, and will post my thoughts on individual scents on the Facebook page later as I melt each one.

  • Pumpkin Spice - 'Blend of cinnamon & clove with vanilla & coconut.' Quite spicy, and I do pick up a mild coconut note.  Interesting.
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake - (no description available)  Something almost chocolate-y about this one.
  • Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - 'Hot sweet zucchini bread, with a hit of spice, pumpkin chunks all blended together to give this traditional holiday bread.'  Bready, strong salty note.
  • Apple Pumpkin - (no description available) I only get apple with a teeny bit of spice right now.
  • Cinnamon Apple Berry - 'All three scents come alive when mixed together to make a sweet scent with just a hint of kick.'  I don't get any apple in this at the moment, but very spiced-berry-ish.
  • Pumpkin Cornbread - (no description available) Very much a cornbread scent, maybe a bit of pumpkin after-note.
  • Caramel Pumpkin - (no description available) Strong on the caramel, a bit of spice and pumpkin.
  • Pumpkin Cookie - (no description available) This one is interesting.  Sweetness of a sugar cookie, and the pumpkin lurking right behind.
  • Funnel Pumpkin Cake - (no description available) Very sweet, does not remind me of funnel cake OR pumpkin, but not a bad scent.
  • Apple Pomegranate - (no description available) A lot of apple again.
  • Christmas Wish - 'The scent of fresh balsam and warm vanilla cookies sprinkled with sugar sparkles.'  Very first note is the balsam but the warm sweetness of the cookie rushes in underneath.
  • Sugared Spruce - 'A most unique scent that combines sweetness and greenery.'  Very 'piney.'
  • Holiday Homecoming - 'Home baked goodness of the holidays greets you with this rich vanilla sugar and spiced cinnamon combined with baked apple, nutty chocolate, caramel and brown sugared vanilla.'  Spicy but in a soft way, a bit of sweet fruitiness, and then the warm bakery notes.
  • Winterberry - (no description available) Something almost like strawberry, and a light spicy or minty note.
  • Hot Apple Pie - (no description available) Ohhh, super yummy pie and spice filling and faint notes of crust.
  • Berries & Pine - (no description available) Pine/evergreen hits you first but it's not strong as usual so something is toning it down but that something is not specifically identifiable.  I do not get any berry notes in cold throw.
  • Smell of Christmas - (no description available) Sweet but spicy, possibly orange and clove and something else.
  • Candy Cane - (no description available) Sweet peppermint and vanilla.
  • Holiday Cookie - (no description available)  I think it's just a typical sugar cookie scent.
  • Vanilla Bean Noel - 'A warm blend of fresh vanilla bean, warm caramel and rich, comforting cream.'  The popular Bath & Body Works scent, vanilla-y and caramel-y and yummy sweet.

I also received two freebies . . . a little package of Cucumber Melon gumdrop and heart shaped tarts, and an extra tart cup in the scent of  Country Bakery, which there is no description available for on the site but smells something like Banana Caramel Cupcake so I am totally ok with that!  There were also two types of business cards in the package.

This sampler pack contains 20 1 oz. scent cups, and sells for $15.00 in the Rincon Scents shop on Etsy.  Even coming from Puerto Rico, shipping was fast.  I ordered on a Thursday afternoon and received the package the following Thursday.  I usually don't prefer the cup style tarts, but I do like this small, 1 oz. size.  You can just pop it out of the cup and into the warmer.  No hassle with trying to cut something into halves or quarters.  They don't want to stack as evenly as the larger cups though, and a lot of the caps don't stay, but oh well.  They are cute in their fall and winter colors, and they're all quite strongly scented. 

Have YOU tried tarts from Rincon Scents yet?  Did you find a favorite in the list above?

4 comments:

  1. Lol so this one is just wax melts. I think I can resist, no cute shapes, decorations, or unique factors other than just good tarts. I can do this! lol Thanks Deb for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that it's September, I'm allowing myself to start melting my appley fall scents. I have Rincon's Hot Apple Pie going right now and it is DIVINE. Ohhhhh, yummy.

    I know what you mean though. LOL! Hard to resist if there is a cuteness factor.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. But they're small. So it's only a crapload.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete