Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Country Home Scents - September Tart Haul

After a frustrating string of bad luck with tarts recently, I went back to a shop I knew I could trust . . . Country Home Scents.  I got more fall scents, even though I already have tons of those.  I didn't want to jump ahead to Christmas scents yet because I already have some, and figured I have plenty of time to place another order when we get closer to winter.  That's one of the things I love about Country Home Scents, you know you'll be able to get the scents you want.  I'm getting so tired and frustrated by the shops that have a constantly revolving inventory, where you have to check daily and hope what you want is available.  I also love that Country Home Scents tarts are ready-to-ship, so turn around time is amazingly fast.

I'll just do a quick run through of what I got.  More detailed scent reviews will come later, individually, as I melt each tart.  So, from left to right in the picture, starting at the top . . .

  • Bewitching - 'A haunting scent perfect for Halloween! A blend of sweet dark spices, patchouli and cinnamon sticks.'  Got two of these.  This one is interesting!  Spicy, but not overly sharp.
  • Crazy Candy Corn - 'Smells just like the sweet scent of our Halloween favorite! A touch of honey and caramel...a must have!'  Stronger on the honey, but hints are caramel are indeed lurking.
  • Pumpkin Caramel Latte - 'Smells like autumn bliss! A creamy blend of pumpkin pie spices with sweet caramel latte goodness.'  Soooo so good.  Strong on pumpkin, just enough coffee.
  • Pumpkin Marshmallows - 'Pumpkin pie and gooey marsmallows....to die for! The perfect blend of spicy pumpkin pie and creamy warm toasted marshmallows...yummy!'  Stronger on the marshmallow.
  • Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread - 'A rich, warm pumpkin bread aroma with a blend of grated spices of cinnamon, clove and nutmeg.'  Heavy on the cinnamon, with a slight bread note, and then the pumpkin.  Yummy.
  • Boo! - 'A spooky fragrance that will make you get into the "spirit" of Halloween! A musky scent with a touch of grapefruit and plums.'  Like Bewitching, this one is quite interesting.  Just enough fruitiness, perfectly blended with that musk.
  • Trick or Treat - 'The aroma begins with a blend of pumpkin and apple; ending with a touch of orange, cinnamon and vanilla!'  I don't really get the pumpkin on cold throw, but I do get a nice spiced fruit note.  This will be interesting when warm.
  • Honey Butter - 'Rich butter cream and the sweetness of golden honey are combined to create this luscious aroma!'  Smells like honey right now just on cold throw.
  • Frosted Cranberries - 'A fragrant blend of rich cranberries and warm sweet spices! Not too tart and not too sweet ...just right!'  Gorgeous cranberry scent, with light spice.
  • Pumpkin Crunch Cake - 'The aroma of creamy pumpkin pie filling with freshly baked yellow cake, melted butter, pecans, and a hint of spice.'  Yummy mix of cake and spiced pumpkin, heavier on the pumpkin.
  • Applesauce Cake - 'A CHS custom blend! We have blended our super popular Mulled Cider and our YUMMY Snickerdoodle Cookies to create a scent that smells just like freshly made applesauce cake! It smells like fall.'  Oooh, spice cake with traces of apple cider. 
  • Pink Raspberry Lemonade - 'A Country Home Scent custom blend of fresh ripe raspberries and sweet tangy lemonade! Smells just like your favorite pink lemonade you loved as a child on those warm summer days!'  This was a freebie in my order, and it's bright and fun and very lemonade-y.
What do you think?  See anything interesting in there?  I'm really looking forward to melting these.

5 comments:

  1. oh darn you! I had a raspberry lemonade in your box hahaha! And honey butter for you to sniff! Psh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound lovely, I've been wanting to try wax tarts for ages :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought all the Halloween ones! I couldn't resist, they were too cute and I love Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan on ordering from Country Home Scents once I've melted more of my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordan ~ That's funny, and totally fine. The lemonade one is so perky, it will nice to have more than one. And the Honey Butter smells yummy cold so far.

    Han-omi ~ You should try them. Dooooooo it. Come to the tarty side. lol Seriously though, I prefer them over candles any day. Hassle free and almost always have stronger scent throw. And so easy to try billions of different scents.

    SoCalCandleGal ~ Yay! Can't wait to see what you think of them.

    vnetta ~ I hope you do order. They were my original source of handmade tarts, and my favorite for the longest time. And now I'm finding myself going back to them. I'm already looking forward to placing a Christmas order.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete