Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cravebox - September 2012

My Cravebox arrived yesterday.  Wheee!  This is my third box, and this time it is Tasty Favorites themed.  So let's see what I got . . . 

As always, there is the information card and several other papers, coupons, etc.

Pull the reading material away and it looks like a box of yumminess.

Out of the box, the yumminess is mostly unfamiliar to me.  Hmm, this will be interesting.

Mystic Harvest - Purple Corn - Authentic Tortilla Chips (with sea salt).  These are all natural, gluten free chips.  I've seen colored chips before but not this particular brand, and I've never eaten them.  Guess I'll have to get some salsa or something and give them a try.  I suspect it will be hubby who devours these.
This is a full 7 oz. bag.

Enjoy Life - Plentils (Crunchy Lentil Chips) in Margherita Pizza flavor.  They are dairy-free, gluten-free, all natural chips.  I've never heard of these.  I'm a bit leery because I like good ol' chips in normal flavors.  Hubby likes to try crazy flavors though.  It's looking like this Cravebox is right up his alley!  lol
This is a .8 oz. snack pack.

Crum Creek Mills - Soy Nut Mix.  I wasn't even sure what this was so I had to check the info card included in the box.  According to that, it's like a trail mix type snack.  It apparently contains sea-salted soy nuts, raisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and chocolate chips.  I'm not big on trail mixes but I guess I'll take this to work and try it, and if I don't like it, there is always someone there who will finish it.
This is a 1 oz. snack pack.

Balance - mini energy bars.  Oooh, yummy.  I like snack bars but don't normally eat energy bars.  I don't pay attention to anything in the 'energy' section of the store.  These are minis though, so I'll probably toss them in with my lunch for work and give them a try.  One is Cookie Dough flavor, and the other is Double Chocolate Brownie.  They are about the size of 'fun size' candy bars.

Werther's Original - Caramel Apple Filled hard candies.  Finally, a brand I recognize!  But this is a new flavor, and I'm not sure how I'm going to like the hard outer shell with a gooey apple flavored filling.  Again, will try them and get rid of them at work if I don't like them.  (I'm pretty sure my menfolk don't like this kind of candy.)  This is a 2.65 oz. package.

And then, of course, the reading material.  There are coupons for most of the products in this month's box, along with a lot of information about them.  The pamphlet on the right has a ton of information about gluten, celiac disease, food allergens, diet & autism, and other things.

If you're not familiar with Cravebox it is a monthly subscription box that has a wide range of product areas.  Where some monthly services are beauty based, this is more of an everyday living based type thing.  I think it's $10 a month, and the things your get are often full sized products so you are getting more than your money's worth.  And you never know what you're going to get!

I have enjoyed the three boxes I've gotten so far but I'm not sure if I'm going to continue my subscription.  I know that sounds crazy after how long I waited to get a spot, and all the whining I did along the way.  These are supposed to come every six weeks instead of monthly like most other boxes.  It seems to take forever in between though, and in the meantime they keep releasing tons of 'special edition' boxes.  It's a bit frustrating.  I checked the calendar and if it really is every six weeks, we should be getting two more boxes this year.  Yet I can't help but feel they'll just send one somewhere between the holidays and that will be it.  And while I'm really curious about the holiday box, I just don't know if I care enough anymore to stick with it.  It's only $10 or whatever, but that's $10 I could be using elsewhere.  So, I don't know yet . . . haven't made up my mind whether to cancel or not.

4 comments:

  1. The goodies in this box look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bought some salsa so hubby can try the purple chips tomorrow while watching the Vikings game. hehe We haven't tried any of these yet actually.

    And I'm still undecided if I want to stick with it or not. Hubby says stick with it, at least see what the Christmas box will be.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you go on an energetic cleaning/sorting/bitchslapping rampage or anything at work after you ate the mini Balance bars?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, no. Actually, Kurth & I sampled everything one Sunday while watching a Vikings game. So if there was any added energy from the bars it all went into cheering.

    I have cancelled my subscription to Cravebox. Although I was very curious what the holiday box(es) would have been, I figure I can use that money elsewhere . . . like maybe going back to Netflix.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete