Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Melted - Better Homes & Gardens / Baked Apple Strudel

Baked  Apple Strudel - [no description available]

I've had this one for a while, maybe even since last winter . . . ?  I know it's been sitting in my little tart cupboard for quite some time, waiting for fall.  Finally used some of it this morning.  This is a nice bakery scent.  Not sure why I was waiting, because it's heavier on the pastry notes than on the apple, so it's not really very fall-like after all.  You do get apple, sweet and juicy, but it's under the warmer notes of the buttery, baked dough and the sugar and spices of the filling.  It is not like an apple pie scent.  There is quite a strong brown sugar note or something sweet and heavy like syrup, at times almost reminding me of caramel.  But overall, yeah, a nice cozy bakery scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment