Friday, September 21, 2012

Melted - Better Homes & Gardens / Crisp Fall Leaves

I've had such crappy luck with tarts lately that when I was looking for something to melt this morning I decided to go to something I knew would work and be strong.  The "cheap" Walmart tarts to the rescue once again! 

I popped two cubes of this Crisp Fall Leaves scent into my tea light warmer but I think one cube would have been enough.  This one is strong.  This is one of those that you can smell when you're coming in from outside, as soon as you open the door.  It's also scenting the whole darn house, because Casey yelled from his room upstairs "This one smells gross!"  LOL

If you remember from my Walmart fall tarts post not long ago, I couldn't figure out what the familiar main note in this was.  I'd later seen someone on YouTube say it was pine, and now that's all I think of when I smell this.  I'm pretty sure there is something else mixed in though, something like a slight smoky note, or maybe even some musk or amber . . . ?  I'm back and forth on this one.  At times I think I don't like it, and that it's too strong and 'sharp.'  But other times I do like it because that crispness does indeed remind me of outdoors. 

After one tea light length melt (about 4 hours?), there is still plenty of strength left in this one.  Maybe the next melt will be a bit weaker, and a bit easier on the senses.

10 comments:

  1. This is one i have looked for also and haven't been able to find at my walmart. the "smokey" note draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very faint, if it's really there at all. Might just be my imagination.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD................ Crisp Fall Leaves is AWESOME. I love this scent. I can not find any on line or at Wal-Mart. I would buy a whole case if I could get some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it pine that you smell in there? I'm still not sure what it is I'm smelling. Did they have that scent in candle form? I didn't even look at those.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!!! This is my favorite!! I don't get smokey or pine from this one, I just smell the woods. If you like smokey smells they also have one that is a campfire scent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The smokey hint is, as I mentioned, very faint if it's even in there at all. Could just be me imagining it.

    I was just at your blog, having fun doing some of those quizzes. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the crisp fall leaves scent. I think it smells like a fresh cut Fir tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever since I heard someone mention the pine, it just jumps out at me now. I think I liked it better when I didn't know what it was. lol

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost smell a little eucyluptus.......I love it and wish it was year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, eucalyptus? Wish I had some of this left so I could sniff it and see if I pick up on that. Even for as undecided as I was about this one, I hope it's back this fall.

      ~Deb

      Delete