Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Organix . . . Again

A couple months ago I was asked to participate in a survey about Organix.  They sent me a bottle of 'Renewing' Moroccan Aragn Oil shampoo, wanted me to use it several times, and then complete their survey about the product.  If the survey was completed by the deadline, they would then send a complimentary shampoo/conditioner set afterwards.

I had already tried Organix earlier this year (post can be seen HERE) and had mixed thoughts about it.  But sure, I'd try it again.  Heck, I wasn't paying for it.  So I used it several times and completed my survey on time . . . and never heard anything after that.  Guess I'm not getting my free set.  :(

So anyway, when I first used this shampoo I'd received, my hair was quite long (for me) and I imagine it was not very healthy.  I remembered from the previous time that it seemed like I'd had to use so much to get a good lather, so this time I went ahead and squirted a very generous amount into my hand.  It is a really thick consistency, almost difficult to squeeze out of the bottle.  I loved the pumpkin-orange color of it though!  There is a generic shampoo scent about it, but it is pleasant.  And I was surprised to find I really didn't need to use tons of product.  I did not have any Organix conditioner to use with this, so I just used the old cheap bottle of Suave conditioner that sits in the cabinet under the sink.

As mentioned, my hair was much longer when I tested this product.  After completing the survey, I set this bottle aside because I knew I wanted to get my hair cut once the heat of summer had passed and I wouldn't need to be putting my hair up in a ponytail anymore.  I also thought I'd have my free set by the time I got my hair cut . . .  *sigh*

I finally did get my hair cut early last week and have gone back to using this shampoo.  I've noticed it doesn't really take a lot of product to get a good lather, but it takes a lot of water added to it.  It doesn't seem to want to spread around very easy until you get that extra water in there and get a good lather going.  It rinses away easily.  I've still been using the cheap conditioner with it, but even with that, I have noticed a definite difference in my hair.  It's softer, for sure, and I don't have the dry fly-away or static that I'd been noticing now that the weather is getting cooler and dryer.  I keep forgetting to buy a bottle of Organix conditioner when I'm shopping.  And now I'm very curious to see how my surprise gift of Moonlisa conditioner will work with this.  Yay! 

I've never really been too concerned with my hair.  I'm a total wash-n-go girl.  I usually use cheap 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner combos.  I've never had my hair colored or highlighted or treated, and I don't curl or straighten or blow dry or do anything to it.  Maybe it's just my old age boredom these days, but I'd decided that after this latest haircut I was going to step up my hair care.  I was really looking forward to that free set of Organix, but since I'm apparently not getting it I'm going to go ahead and start trying some other higher end shampoos and conditioners.  Someday I might even get my gray wisdom hairs colored.

Do you have a brand that you love?  Have you tried Organix?  If so, which one?  I'm open to suggestions on this topic.

4 comments:

  1. I tried this shampoo (my aunt gave it to me as a gift) but after one wash my hair felt drier and a bit straw-like. Maybe I need to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't overly impressed the first time I tried it (earlier this year) but I've been sticking with it this time and liking it. I will probably try one of the other varieties when this bottle runs out though.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Wisdom hairs.

    Glad it's working better this time. Hopefully your freebie set is just delayed. I haven't tried this.

    Brands I like--I used John Frieda frizz-control shampoo and conditioner for quite awhile and liked it, but I don't think your hair ever had frizz issues (like mine). I like Pantene a lot and am back to it now--it's what I've used primarily for probably 15 years or more. Good for softness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My freebie set arrived the other day. I still have to post about that because it was not what I was expecting.

    I've kinda fallen off my better hair-care routine already. I did buy some Pantene in a 2-in-1 variety, but I've gotten lazy about using the Organix.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete