Thursday, September 20, 2012

Partylite Tarts

A coworker who knows I'm a tart junkie gave me a couple samples of Partylite tarts she'd recently gotten.  I don't know much about Partylite but it appears to be very similar to Scentsy.  My coworker's cousin had hosted her very first Partylite party, and Coworker felt obligated to buy something.  lol

As you can see in the picture (a quickie cellphone pic from said coworker), there are nine 'cubes' in these clamshell style packages.  The weight per package is 3.2 oz. and I think she said they cost $5.00 each.  She gave me one 'cube' of the yellow one on the right, which is Hocus Pocus scent and is described as 'Coconut and praline add an unexpected twist to this mysterious blend of sugar berries, grapefruit and floral notes. It's a magical Halloween surprise!'  Ohhhhh my, I love this scent.  At work, we didn't have the description available and were sniffing, trying to figure it out.  Two of us thought there was lemon and vanilla, one thought there was grapefruit, and then later at home hubby thought it was floral.  Now that I have the descrption, I can tell that it's coconut, and I do pick up the slight citrus of the grapefruit.  I also get the soft floral notes that hubby was picking up on but don't know specifically what type of flowers are involved.  The pralines add just enough warmth to keep if from being a summery fruit scent.  I melted this one this morning and loved it.  There is warm sweetness, none of the notes really overpowering the others.  The throw on just one cube was surprisingly strong.  I doubt that I'll buy Partylite products but I will now be on the hunt for a dupe of this scent.

The other cube she gave me is from the package on the left, which is orange wax in Halloween Night scent, described as 'Rich butterscotch, vanilla and spices are slowly stirred into a batch of warm, sugary caramel. It's a gooey, creamy, sinfully sweet treat.'  This one is funny because we all thought we were smelling pumpkin, with butterscotch notes behind it.  Reading the description, there is no pumpkin in here.  LOL!  I guess the color really can play tricks on the mind.  On cold throw this was a super yummy scent, a warm, sweet bakery scent.  With only one cube to melt though, I'm only getting the faintest of scent throw, and it's smelling pumpkin-y again. I suspect having more cubes to melt would give a stronger scent throw, but I guess we'll never know, because I don't plan on buying any.

I'm thrilled my coworker was kind enough to let this tartaholic try some of her goodies.  I think everyone should send me tarts to try!  Don't you???  (Well, ok, maybe not everybody . . . )

Have YOU tried Partylite tarts?

4 comments:

  1. I love readying your blog, the scents always sound fab and right up my street x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thank you for reading. :)

    I like to pop over to your blog and wow at the latest nail colors/designs. I'm jealous of all you ladies out there that can do that.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree lol I wish I had more friends into wax tarts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gift shopping would be so much easier if those around me would love tarts and handcrafted soaps the way I do. What's wrong with people anyway???

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete