Monday, October 29, 2012

Blog Your Heart Out Award!

Well I was just totally surprised to learn that Jen from The Chic Cupcake has presented me with a Blog Your Heart Out award.  Yay!  It is a nod of recognition '. . . for girls and young women that love to blog. It is awarded to bloggers that have under 100 followers and, well, blog their heart out!'  Not sure I qualify for that 'girls and young women' part, but I do indeed have less than 100 followers, so here we go with the usual question/answer part of the award . . .

What/who encouraged you start blogging?

My blog originally started way back on MySpace as sort of a daily journal, and was meant to be a way for my sister (who lives out of state) to keep up with family news.  This blog has almost died many times over the years, and it's certainly nothing like it was when it started, but it is probably my biggest hobby these days and I'm happy more people are finding it.

How did you choose what topic(s) to blog about?
As mentioned, this blog used to be a daily personal journal.  Over time it sort of morphed into a place to share my interest in handcrafted soaps, and has now become mainly about wax tarts (my current, and longtime addiction).  I would like to get back to more personal natterings, and I enjoy posting the occasional book or movie review.

What is something that most people don't know about you?
I like wax tarts.  Ha!

What are 3 words to describe your style?
Low maintenance, simple, traditional.

What do you like to do when you're not blogging?
Stare blankly at my computer screen, read, listen to music, watch movies.  I would love to get back into playing video games like I had in my younger years.  The extreme boredom in my life right now seems to just be calling for it.  lol

Thank you, Jen, for passing this award along to me!!!

And now I'm supposed to pass it on to five other bloggers I enjoy.  So, let's see . . .
1. SoCalCandleGal
2. SugarLemonFizz
3. Jordan Nicole
4. Lip Balm Wrangler
5. Dreams of Scented Wax

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on this award!:) It's was also nice to learn new things about you. Thanks for the shout out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :)

    It wasn't just a shout out. I was passing the award on to you, so you can share it on your award winning blog. hehe

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for passing the award onto me, Deb! I will have to make sure to post it on my blog now =).

    --Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'mon, girls! If you don't post your award before the secret expiration date your blogs will all cease to exist. :P

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete