Monday, October 15, 2012

King's Country Scents - Tarts / First Order

I discovered a brand new tart shop on Etsy last week.  I've been trying to hold off buying any more tarts because I'm trying to plow through the tons of fall scents I already have, and because I've been having such bad luck with private vendors lately.  But I was bored one evening, and crabby, and found myself browsing Etsy again.  This shop had just opened the same day and in my crabbiness I was like 'Screw it, I'm buying something!'

The shop is King's Country Scents, located in Pennsylvania.  It looks pretty empty there but if you look at the listing you'll see that you are ordering a bag of tarts and you pick the scent.  Owner/tartmaker Tammy says in her shop announcement that she has over 150 scents to choose from.  I do not know yet if she does custom blends, or if she'll eventually have other tart options available.  Like I said, this was a spur of the moment purchase, and I never did explore much.  Now that I've received my order though, I'm quite smitten!

The bag I received contains these cute little Gingerbread men shaped tarts.  The total weight is right around 3 oz. and there are ten little tarts.  (I had noticed in her description, it's listed as a 2 oz. bag, but mine is 2.9 oz.)  The bag is tied with homespun, giving it the cutest 'homey' feel.  A bag sells for $2.00 in the Etsy shop.  I only ordered on bag, just to see how strong these tarts might be.

From the extensive scent list, I chose Be Thankful, which is described as 'Warm and inviting, combines the festive aromas of pumpkin pie, warm spices, apple pie and freshly baked cookies.'  The name sounds familiar.  Is it a Yankee scent?  This is soooooo yummy!  It's a warm, bakery scent, a little bit spicy.  I don't get apple specifically but there is indeed something adding just a touch of bright sweetness.  I think there is more pumpkin than apple.  Very nice!  I can't wait to melt some of these little guys.  Might even bump them ahead of all others just to see how the scent throw is.  Cold throw is quite strong.  I'm excitedly hopeful!

I also received two free extras in my order.  (Thank you!!)  This little grubby version gingerbread man is .7 oz. which is about what two cubes of Walmart tarts equals, so he's perfect for melting whole.  This one is Pumpkin Crunch Cake.  I don't see this in the scent list but there is a Pumpkin Crunch Pie described as 'A super rich and strong pumpkin loaded with caramel, brown sugar, whipped creme, french vanilla, cardamom, cinnamon and hints of maple sugar.'  The cold throw scent right now is kind of light.  I'm mainly getting pumpkin and spice.  I hope it strengthens and blooms when warmed.

My other freebie is in Apple Dumpling scent, which I don't see in her scent list so I can't give you the actual description.  I get spiced apples and maybe a bit of bakery note.  Cold throw on this guy is quite strong.

I don't know, there is just something about this shop that I'm liking.  The country primitive charm reminds me of Moeggenborg Sugar Bush.  Shipping was quick.  I ordered on a Tuesday night and received it the following Monday.  Everything is clean and neat, nicely presented.  There was no business card, but I did notice the design on the tissue paper matches the labels on the tarts.  That's cute.  I'm really hoping these are strong enough, because I'm already wanting to place another order.

Are YOU familiar with King's Country Scents?  Since I was the first customer at the Etsy shop, I'm guessing not . . . but maybe they have a website or shop elsewhere too?  I really don't know.  But I do know I'm happy so far, and hope you'll give this shop a chance too!  We don't ALL have to follow the YouTube Trendy Train.

*** SMALL UPDATE ***
Through Etsy convo, I have learned that King's Country Scents has a Facebook page (HERE) and that not only has Tammy been making tarts for five years, but she is also in the process of having an actual store built.  That is awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Be Thankful is a Yankee scent and I love it! Looking forward to your melt review on these tarts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangerous when bored and crabby.

    Those are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SoCalCandleGal ~ I was quite pleased. Will try to get that post up today. :)

    pants ~ Bored and crabby is a VERY dangerous combination, especially when Etsy is bookmarked. *sigh*

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete