Sunday, October 14, 2012

Melted - Country Home Scents / Bewitching

Bewitching - 'A haunting scent perfect for Halloween! A blend of sweet dark spices,
patchouli and cinnamon sticks.'

I'm not a huge patchouli fan but when it's blended with things it really sort of becomes something intriguing.  I probably would not have ordered this one if not for how much blog buddy Jordan loved it.  Look how cute and festive that tart is in its pumpkin orange glory, with black and orange Halloween sprinkles and glitter and even a cute little witch embellishment.  Frightfully fun!

I melted this whole 1+ oz. tart in my tea light warmer, and placed it on the lower level of my desk again since it seemed to work better with the previous tart.  This has a medium throw, but it's one of those subtle type throws.  There is definitely something scenting the room but you're not overwhelmed by anything in particular.  I'm not sure what the 'dark spices' are . . . pepper?  There is something slightly peppery.  I do get the patchouli.  I don't pick out cinnamon specifically.  Even for as spicy as this sounds, it's really not one of those harsh types.  It really is quite interesting and I'm glad it's not overly strong.  I get a nice whiff whenever someone walks by and stirs up the air, and in the meantime there is just a lightly simmering something in the air.

This is not something I would choose to melt often, but it is quite nice for a seasonal treat.

2 comments:

  1. This one was so perfect for the bedroom. Very calming and almost romantic. :) I did not love it lol and I loved the 2nd one you sent me. Spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did 'not' love it? Is that a typo? hehe

    I've only tried a warmer in the bedroom twice, and that was with a sinus relief tart that was too weak. Maybe I'll get one of those beautiful electric warmers I always drool over and never buy, and put in the bedroom. Hmmmmm...

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete